Customer Service Coordinator, Textile Museum
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
Located in the heart of George Washington University's Foggy Bottom Campus, Washington, D.C.'s newest cultural destination fosters the study and appreciation of art, history, and culture-both within the university and throughout the global community. As a cornerstone of the university's growing focus on arts and culture, the museum unites:
• The Textile Museum, an institution with a nearly one-hundred year history, an established audience, and a respected collection of textile art representing six continents and five millennia.
• The Albert H. Small Washingtoniana Collection of historic artifacts that tell the story of the founding and evolution of our nation's capital.
• Relevant artworks from the university's collections, which include paintings, prints and drawings, photography, sculpture, and decorative arts.
Under the direction of the Director of Retail Operations and the Deputy Director of Finance and Administration, the Customer Service Coordinator, Textile Museum will work approximately half time as a receptionist for the Museum and half time in the Museum Retail Store.
Museum Retail store responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Overseeing the cash handling and customer service performance of other Retail Store employees; preparing, analyzing, and reconciling all financial reports; maintaining accurate inventories; assisting with software system maintenance and upgrades; and assisting with the development and implementation of marketing plans for merchandise.
Receptionist responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Greeting and welcoming visitors to the Museum and being first point of contact for visitor information; handling incoming telephone calls and queries; liaising with Facilities to ensure safety, security, and compliance; overseeing and reconciling admissions donations; and maintaining the education program registration and processing payments and registration for other Museum programs.
Performs other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning tasks that logically associated with the position.Minimum Qualifications:
High school diploma/GED, or equivalent combination of training and experience, is necessary plus 1.5 years of relevant experience, or a bachelor's degree.Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Merchandising and display skills
• Strong sales oriented knowledge, abilities and skills
• Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated skill in operating a person computer, using word processing spreadsheet and database formats required by the museum and university: Word for Windows, Excel, Photoshop and others.
• Strong ability to communicate with diplomacy, tact and confidence.
• Ability to meet deadline and handle concurrent tasks with minimum supervision.
• Knowledge of or ability to learn University online purchasing.
• Experience supervising volunteer and student staff.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Academic Affairs Family Finance and Business Sub-Family Customer Service Stream Service and Support Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: Monday, Wednesday-Saturday, Weekends, evening hours and special events coverage is required Position Designation: Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006286 Job Open Date: 04/24/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your expected salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter