Recruitment Counselor MCCC/MTA Unit Professional - full-time, 12-month
About Greenfield Community College:
Greenfield Community College is located in the beautiful and historic Pioneer Valley of western Massachusetts, between the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains and the fertile farmland of the Connecticut River watershed. GCC is a public community college of approximately 2,400 students. Known for the caring and supportive attitude of the faculty and staff, and for the broad support it enjoys from the surrounding community, the college is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. In addition to a strong Liberal Arts focus, the College offers a wide variety of innovative and successful programs including Gender and Women's Studies, Fine Arts, Nursing, Renewable Energy, and Outdoor Leadership, as well as varied learning environments, from traditional classrooms, to distance learning, peer tutoring, one-on-one faculty-student advising, workforce development, and learning communities that cater to specific needs and interests. Close to fifty percent of Greenfield Community College students transfer to four-year colleges, and it is Smith College's largest source of community college transfer students. Much of the College has recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation that sets the stage for future developments in learning. Greenfield Community College actively encourages and provides opportunities for leadership and professional development.
Category: Administrative and Professional
Posted: Apr 24, '17
Ref_No: MCCC 17-12
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Director of Admission, the Recruitment Counselor performs recruitment and advisement of college students, with a special focus on non-traditional and adult learners. The Recruitment Counselor is responsible for recruiting students for academic programs; assisting in developing, coordinating, and implementing marketing plans for recruitment of adult students; interacting with community agencies, employers, and other external organizations to facilitate recruitment and enrollment activities; assist in coordination with Community Education to develop processes that allow students to transition from non-credit to credit programs.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Recruits students for academic programs including planning, implementing, and participating in recruitment activities and providing information on college opportunities and admission procedures/activities for prospective students;
- Collaborates with various community-based agencies, employers, and other program representatives to increase community outreach and to raise awareness of services and programs offered at GCC;
- Collaborates with Community Education and Workforce Development to identify opportunities for student transition from non-credit to credit offerings;
- Assists in developing, coordinating, and implementing marketing plans, objectives, and strategies for recruitment of non-traditional students;
- Periodically work evenings and weekends in support of College enrollment activities;
- Provide campus tours to prospective students and families;
- Performs administrative tasks in support of admissions and enrollment goals including utilizing data to inform and enhance recruitment and admission strategies and activities; and
- Serves on departmental, divisional, and campus-wide committees as a collaborative member of the GCC community in support of student success and campus governance.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Sociology, Liberal Arts, or closely related field;
- Two (2) years' experience and/or training involving public education, college admissions, academic advisement, or customer service; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience recruiting both traditional and non-traditional students;
- Experience with Banner or a similar students information systems;
- Experience with MS Office, specifically MS Word and Excel; and
- Experience working within a community college setting.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
RANK AND SALARY: Grade 3. Salary will be $44,852 - $59,000. The appointment salary is based on one's education and experience as dictated in the collective bargaining agreement classification compensation structure. Candidates are therefore advised that it is unlikely the offered salary will be at or near the top of the range.
START DATE: June 2017
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a Greenfield Community College account by clicking on the APPLY NOW tab below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for 5 professional references
Applications accepted up to and including May 15, 2017.
Applications received after May 15, 2017 MAY be considered until the position is filled.
Official transcripts must be submitted upon appointment and successful completion of a criminal background check may be required.
See the FAQs for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Already have a Greenfield Community College Employment Account? Login to your account to add documents or update your account.
***Greenfield Community College is proud to value diversity in our community of faculty,staff and students and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
***THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS ACCREDITED BY THE NEW ENGLAND ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES.