Student Financial Services Specialist
This role is responsible for processing student financial aid applications assigned to the team. Each team member is assigned a subset of student applications to review, process, and service. Team members review each applicant's file to determine eligibility for financial assistance by way of available financial aid programs. Financial Aid Processors are expected to be knowledgeable regarding regulations pertaining to eligibility for all financial aid programs. Team members may be paired for the purpose of performing quality assurance reviews of each other's results
- Ensure student financial aid applications are processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Responsible for the execution of financial aid policies, requirements, and procedures
- Provide superior customer service and efficiency in response to campus and student inquiries
- Stay informed and responsive to changing program regulations
- Accurately perform Return to Title IV calculations and associated decisions
- Promote a work environment that is positive, student-centered, and compliant with established policies and procedures
- Support cooperative cross-functional, cross-regional communications and dialogue by maintaining a close working relationship with campus teams, regional teams, Bursar, Internal Audit, and related groups
- Work independently and provide regular status updates to management team
- Ensure the security of financial aid applications, documents, systems, and students' personally identifiable information
- Effectively use information to identify and escalate issues as needed
- Assume responsibility to prioritize emerging issues, handle concurrent objectives and meet deadlines
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- 1-2 years' experience in a student financial aid role preferably at the higher education level
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles
- Proficiency in following a prescribed criteria and make resulting decisions
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
A credit check will be conducted on applicants for particular job categories, such as Student Financial Services positions, in accordance with applicable law. An offer of employment for a position that requires a credit check will be made contingent upon Strayer's receipt of a satisfactory credit report.
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.