Clinical Research Manager
Working Title: Clinical Research Manager
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism
Posting Date: 04-24-2017
The Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism is seeking a Clinical Research Manager. The candidate provides support for the clinical research of Dr. Rita and Dr. Ananda Basu. This candidate will be responsible for managing all clinical trials including protocol development, IRB approval, study visits, specimen collection, budget negotiation, site visits, informed consent, and records retention, including biospecimen inventory and disposal, as appropriate. Candidate should have 5+ years of experience managing several complex protocols simultaneously. Candidates familiar with endocrinologic disorders, including, but not limited to, nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and glucose metabolism will be given priority.
This position is restricted and contingent upon continued funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to build, lead, motivate, and assess a professional team.
2. Knowledge of clinical research, human subjects research ethics and IRB procedures.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills in daily interactions.
4. Ability to competently manage complex and multi-faceted projects.
5. Ability to interact with study subjects, families, investigators and ancillary personnel as well as research committees, and outside sponsor personnel.
6. Knowledge of the University, state and federal policies and regulations.
7. Ability to conduct activities and make decisions according to ethical standards.
8. Ability to recruit and screen potential research participants for clinical trials.
9. Knowledge of medical terminology.
10. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of research participants.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81715