Technical Support Specialist I
Technical Support Specialist I
Position Number: 53063236
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 05/07/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Technical Support Specialist I . The Technical Support Specialists are responsible for delivering fast, friendly, dependable and customer-oriented computer and A/V related services. The Technical Support Specialist I serves all sectors of IT and provides direct technology services to Faculty, Staff and Students.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Technical Support Specialist I will:
- Provide technical support via phone, email, and in-person to faculty, staff, and students as needed pertaining to use of computer hardware, software, and desktop/workgroup printers.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade campus computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
- Perform contracted configuration changes in coordination with other IT units.
- Work as part of a team with Information Technology sub-groups on projects and deployments on multiple campuses.
- Improve technical skills via reading, webinars, workshops, seminars and professional training.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be friendly and helpful in a customer-centered environment
- Advanced knowledge of PC hardware installation and repair
- Knowledge of Windows and Macintosh operating systems and peripheral installation and support
- Knowledge of PC networking and Microsoft Active Directory
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to multi-task, manages workload, and strong problem ownership skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- A+, MCITP certification, or equivalent a plus. A/V or other technical certifications desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or equivalent combination of training and experience
- One (1) year of general computer installation, maintenance and repair experience
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.