Health Center Coordinator
Provide overall direction and coordination of Saint Leo University's student health center in collaboration with Florida Hospital partners. The Health Center Coordinator will serve as the liaison between Saint Leo University and Florida Hospital partners.
- Assess patients before provider enters, documents physical findings as reported by provider, and follows treatment plan of provider or established protocol if provider requests.
- Assist Florida Hospital providers in the care of patients by preparing the patient for examination, instructing the patient regarding medical procedures, and providing appropriate nurse assessment data and vital signs.
- Assist provider with examinations, treatment procedures, and emergencies.
- Maintain medical records, both manual and electronic, and scan clinical charts to electronic health record as needed.
- Initiate in-house tests, following established protocols; notify provider of results.
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by the provider.
- Prepare lab specimens for processing, including entering patients demographic information, insurance information, and diagnosis in system of record.
- Prepare instruments and other medical supplies for sterilization.
- Perform pharmaceutical duties including ordering, stocking, labeling, and accounting for all medications and supplies.
- Assist in removing of expired medications from stock and properly disposing of them.
- Maintain and restock instruments and medical supplies on a daily basis; other lab supplies as needed.
- Recognize underlying psychological and emotional problems of patients, and take appropriate action, including alerting provider, public safety, and/or the counseling center.
- Facilitate and assess campus health promotion initiatives.
- Oversee department marketing materials and ensure current and valid information is maintained.
- Complete professional development such as CPR recertification, training in new techniques and procedures, and continuing education to maintain licensure requirements as required.
- Oversee administrative functions of the office including ordering supplies, establishing purchase orders and requisitions, and supervising medical assistant.
- Participate in orientation of other staff members from both the University and FL Hospital.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state of Florida.
- CPR certification.
- Five to Seven years nursing experience, emergency room or outpatient clinical experience desired.
- Five or more years of office management and supervisory experience.
- Strong combination of skills in strategic planning, communication, and coordination.
- Collaborative skills to work effectively with faculty, staff, senior leadership, and students.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong personal initiative, innovation, and self-motivation.
- Ability to manage interpersonal communication in a team environment.
- Ability to balance many tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to manage time and stress for self and others.
Job ID 2017-1417
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo