Medical Front Office Assistant
Responsible for a variety of administrative responsibilities to ensure effective operation of the health center.
- Greet patients as they arrive and provide them with appropriate information.
- Answer telephone and guide callers regarding medical procedures.
- Schedule and reschedule patient appointments.
- Complete medical billing and coding duties.
- Provide education to patients regarding medical procedures.
- Prepare patients for medical procedures.
- Obtain patient information and record as instructed.
- Pull patient records for doctors' review.
- Arrange for hospital admission, if applicable.
- Direct calls and messages to appropriate staff.
- Manage filing and record keeping activities.
- Order supplies and forms as instructed.
- Manage inventory of office supplies as instructed.
- Submit insurance claims.
- Update patients' insurance information.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of patients' insurance forms prior to submitting
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Certified Medical Assistant preferred.
- One to two years of direct medical office administrative assistant/receptionist/coordinator experience preferred.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Strong combination of skills in strategic planning, communication, and coordination.
- Collaborative skills to work effectively with faculty, staff, senior leadership, and students.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong personal initiative, innovation, and self-motivation.
- Ability to manage interpersonal communication in a team environment.
- Ability to balance many tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to manage time and stress for self and others.
Job ID 2017-1418
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo