WGLT Director of Development
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 04-24-2017
This position is a member of the management team of the station and participates in strategic planning, budget development and implementation, and decision making. The primary duty of this position is to develop and administer a comprehensive program and activities to fulfill the development, marketing and public relations functions of WGLT.
1. Bachelor's degree in communications, business or related discipline.
2. Ability to travel to and participate in meetings on and off campus.
3. 3 years minimum related professional experience.
4. Familiarity with not-for-profit fundraising techniques.
5. Excellent organizational and communication (written, interpersonal, listening, public speaking) skills.
6. Demonstrated leadership and supervisory capabilities, with history indicating initiative and creativity.
7. Ability to motivate colleagues and volunteers.
8. High energy level, with strong negotiation abilities.
9. Professional integrity and adherence to highest degree of ethical behavior.
10. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Master's degree.
2. Professional fundraising experience.
3. Familiarity with local, regional and national market for WGLT development and marketing.
4. Public radio or television background.
5. Two years of managerial or supervisory experience.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.