Financial Grant Manager
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics LASP develops, designs, and builds instruments and spacecraft for space-based observations of the Sun, Earth, and planets. LASP has built instruments and participated in missions to every planet in the solar system.
We are seeking a dynamic Financial Grant Manager to further LASP's science mission by providing fiscal coordination, analytical support, and management of projects funded by federal and commercial grants, as well as to assist LASP faculty working on grant funded projects.
Oversees the daily operations of the Grants Department in the LASP Administration Division. Directs, develops and coordinates activities ensure development, management, tracking, execution, and closeout of research grants and other agreements.
• Serves as institutional official for grant submissions and certifications.
• Oversees the grant submission process and provides guidance to staff.
• Oversees and ensures all agreements are developed and executed under the terms and conditions of the grant award and ensures that progress reports are prepared according to sponsor guidelines.
• Functions as the responsible financial grant analyst for multi-year projects from proposal/pre-award management, through project execution and project close-out. This includes working closely as an advisor and compliance administrator with Principal Investigators and other project stakeholders to provide financial data analysis, track costs, and provide guidance on grant execution.
• Serves as a liaison between department and LASP divisions, extramural sponsors, and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with CU policies, and governmental and sponsor regulations/guidelines/laws.
• Promotes professional development, customer service and quality improvement efforts for research administration.
• Supervises staff, evaluates works and recommends and implements approved disciplinary action.
• Oversees and assists with research related education and training of staff.
• Actively contributes to the development, maintenance, and improvement of LASP procedures, forms, training, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned to facilitate continuity within research programs and grants at LASP.
• BA/BS Degree preferred
• Minimum 5 years' prior experience with Federal and Foundation Grants.
• Five years' progressive management experience in a finance or university setting required.
• Experience working with regulations for federal agencies and major national organizations/foundations required.
• Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work independently.
• Must be able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment and take appropriate actions.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task while under pressure.
• Ability to meet multiple, strict deadlines while performing normal daily duties.
• Ability to effectively and cordially communicate with all levels of personnel and advise senior personnel.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
• Positive outlook and self-starter.
Due to Export Control restrictions, only US Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 - Curriculum Vitae or Resume 2 - Cover Letter. The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. The University of Colorado at Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10060 - Lab Atmos/Space Physics
Posting Date: Apr 24, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Freya Olson
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00732960