The Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track teaching track position beginning August 2017 to teach primarily in our undergraduate nursing program and may include some responsibilities in the graduate program. The position includes classroom, online, laboratory, and clinical teaching in area of concentration. This is a 9-month academic appointment with expectations for teaching, scholarship, and service as described by the college and university.
Examples of Work Performed
- Teach undergraduate and graduate students in classroom, simulation learning center, online, and clinical settings.
- Engage in an active program of research/scholarship.
- Engage in various service activities within the College, UCCS, the profession of nursing, and the community.
- Maintain clinical and academic expertise.
- Select and schedule student learning experiences in achieving desired learning outcomes.
- Plan, develop, and implement evaluation tools to assess student progress.
- Participate in curriculum development.
- Participate in meetings and other activities that advance the mission and goals of the College.
- Other duties as determined by the Dean and Department Chair.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, and staff, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to use an online teaching platform and basic IT applications.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package. Information on benefits programs can be found at: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
- Current, unrestricted RN licensure in the State of Colorado.
- Master of Science in Nursing.
- PhD in Nursing or related field.
- Two (2) years of full-time, or equivalent, clinical experience as a practicing registered nurse in area of specialty.
- Previous teaching experience in undergraduate or graduate nursing program.
- Previous experience with curriculum development and evaluation.
- Established record of scholarship/research publications and service.
- Advanced practice certification related to clinical specialty area.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by March 22, 2017 will receive full consideration. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40082 - Beth-El Grad Nursing
Posting Date: Feb 22, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Rebecca Bryant
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00440320