University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Academic Services Professional (Intermediate Level)
College of Architecture and Planning
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The College of Architecture and Planning has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Admissions Counselor position.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial, and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.
This position represents the College of Architecture and Planning (CAP) to prospective and incoming undergraduate and graduate students, processes graduate applications for CAP, administers CAP scholarship, coordinates orientation and community-building activities, and provides administrative support for CAP's PhD program. This position works closely with the Manager of Admissions and Outreach to implement student recruitment plans, process and monitor graduate applications, and provide accurate and timely reporting to department Chairs on admissions and enrollment goals.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in education, psychology, business, public administration, social science, liberal arts, communications, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and one year of professional-level experience in administrative role providing support services and coordination.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Three or more years' of professional-level experience in administrative role providing support services and coordination.
- Two years' experience in higher education, preferably in an advising/counseling, scholarship administration or admissions role.
- Experience developing trainings or presentations for diverse populations.
- Experience querying database systems, creating reports from data and providing analysis.
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat professional, familiarity with Excel (particularly sorting data), and familiarity with educational database systems.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management and/or strategic communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Proven ability to evaluate policies and regulations and exercise good judgement in interpretation and application. Ability to analyze different situations and challenges and resolve problems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize work, attend to detail and meet deadlines. Successful experience working with multiple demands.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to John Semple at John.Semple@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by 5/8/2017. Those who do not apply by 5/8/2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30116 - CAP-Admin & Instruction Svcs
Posting Date: Apr 24, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: John Semple
Posting Contact Email: John.firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00641682