Regular Probationary Faculty, Psychology
Posting Number: 02037 & 02036
Title: Regular Probationary Faculty, Psychology
Location: New Westminster/Coquitlam
Position Type: Faculty - Probationary Regular
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time & Part Time
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Psychology Department invites applications for a regular probationary position.
Areas of need include Introductory Psychology plus:
- Health (clinical focus)
- Organizational behavior
- Ability to teach data analysis and research methods courses an asset.
- Instruct students and facilitate learning
- Evaluate student progress in College courses
- Plan, organize and manage learning activities and resources
- Provide academic advice to learners
- Maintain quality learner‐centered instruction
- Participate in Department and Faculty meetings, committees, ongoing professional development, and Departmental growth
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need:
- A completed Ph.D. from an accredited university, in one of Cognitive/Experimental Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Clinical Psychology, or Health Psychology (clinical focus), or in one of the social sciences, with expertise in theory and research as it applies to human behaviour in organizations.
- Preference will be given to applicants qualified to teach Introductory Psychology, and Data Analysis or Research Methods
- Demonstrated experience in and commitment to undergraduate teaching, with satisfactory evaluation
- Evidence of recent scholarship and research
- Commitment to participate in departmental and college meetings and projects
- Willingness, availability, and skills to supervise research theses for honours BA students (if area of specialization is appropriate)
Link to Full Position Profile:
The Department of Psychology has an opening for a regular probationary position for the 2017/2018 academic year. Workload is assigned each year based on available sections.
Grade or Pay Level: In accordance with the current Collective Agreement
Salary Range: In accordance with the current Collective Agreement
Quicklink for Posting:
Start Date: 08-28-2017
End Date (if applicable):
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume, cover letter and all required application documents are submitted online.
Please attach a separate document that includes both a list of all graduate courses successfully completed and a list of all post-secondary courses taught. Applications without these documents may not be considered.
All candidates selected for interview will be asked to bring their original degree and sealed official transcripts, as noted on their resume. Credential verification from these documents is required for hire.
Due to the large volume of applications, we will only be able to contact candidates who have been chosen for interview.
This position is open until filled.
- First review of applications begins May 5, with interviewing to occur May 11-16.
- Second review of applications will occur if position not yet filled, and will begin June 1, with interviewing to occur approx. June 15-22.
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.