Administrative Support Assistant II
Administrative Support Assistant II
Humboldt State University
(Job #17-37) Administrative Support Assistant II, $2,539-4,120/month. Appointments are typically made at the beginning of the salary range. This is a full-time, benefited, 12-month position with a one-year probationary period in the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Position Summary: Under general supervision, this position provides administrative support for the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ODEI), and is responsible for the daily operations of the office and assisting with all events and campus grants associated with this office. ODEI is a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative office environment that focuses on supporting efforts across campus to ensure the success of students, staff, and faculty from underrepresented groups, and to address issues of inclusion and exclusion across campus.
Duties: Oversees all operational and administrative activities for ODEI. Specific duties include the following:
- Responsible for a full range of administrative support functions and assignments.
- Oversees publicity, application processes, and funding for on-campus diversity grants and assists grant recipients through the process.
- Schedules rooms, organizes catering , media equipment and publicity for ODEI programs, campus events and meetings, collaborating with on and off-campus organizations.
- Processes payments and transfers, tracks and oversees accounting, reconciliation and projections for department's operating expenses and processes student payroll and attendance documents.
- Provides general office reception and assists in creating a supportive, friendly, and professional office atmosphere.
- Assists with web design, development and maintenance for ODEI websites; prepares and distributes flyers, reports and other printed materials for ODEI projects and events.
- Other general office support and duties as needed.
- Trains and supervises Student Assistant(s) in support of all of the above.
Education & Experience: Completion of a high school program or its equivalent and some experience in an office environment that has provided the applicant with the knowledge, abilities and skills listed below.
Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a multi-task environment.
- A high degree of organizational and time management skills, with demonstrated ability to organize and plan work. Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to perform tasks similar to the duties described above, with excellent attention to detail, accuracy and speed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to prepare written materials for presentations. A solid foundation in English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated experience with intercultural communication and relationships; ability to establish and maintain working relationships with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to use standard office equipment; ability to perform standard arithmetic functions.
- Excellent computer and technology skills, including proficiency with MS Word and Excel and other standard office software, experience with email and calendaring software; and ability to explain how these skills have been used in current or previous positions.
- Ability to process confidential and sensitive information in a responsible manner.
Demonstrated experience working effectively with a diverse population. Experience in the application of bookkeeping and accounting principles; experience with accounting systems such as -Excel and Access database. Familiarity with the HSU/CSU budget system, rules and regulations. Familiarity with PeopleSoft, OBI or similar programs. Demonstrated proficiency with website design and maintenance, graphic design/layout and skills with software necessary to accomplish these goals.
Application Procedure: Please note that Humboldt State University now requires application materials to be submitted electronically. If assistance is needed, the Human Resources & Academic Personnel Services office (located in Siemens Hall room 212) has a computer station available and our front office team would be happy to assist you. Qualified applicants should submit electronically the following materials:
- Letter of Interest;
- HSU Employment Application;
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae;
- Contact information for at least three professional references
Please include your last name and the job # (17-37) in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: This position is open until filled. The first review of applications will be Thursday, June 1, 2017.
HSU is committed to enriching its educational environment and its culture through the diversity of its staff, faculty, and administration. Persons with interest and experience in helping organizations set and achieve goals relative to diversity and inclusion are especially encouraged to apply.
Siemens Hall - Room 211
Arcata, CA 95521-8299
Fax: (707) 826-3625
It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide complete and accurate employment information. Incorrect or improperly completed applications will not be considered for vacancies. Any reference in this announcement to required periods of experience or education is full-time activity. Part-time experience or education - or activities only part of which are qualifying- -will receive proportionate credit. In accordance with applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements, preference may be given to the campus applicants covered by these agreements. However, positions are open to all interested applicants, both on and off campus.
Evidence of required degree(s), certification(s), or license(s) will be required prior to the appointment date. The successful candidate for a position at HSU is required to be fingerprinted through the Humboldt State University Police Department or their local law enforcement agency. The results of the fingerprint process must be received by the university prior to the candidate’s appointment. The cost of the fingerprinting is borne by the university.
Humboldt State University is committed to achieving the goals of equal opportunity and endeavors to employ faculty and staff of the highest quality reflecting the ethnic and cultural diversity of the state. Additional information about Humboldt State University can be found at http://www.humboldt.edu.
Humboldt State University is a Title IX/Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race,religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.