Library Associate: Technical Services & Special Collections
Stevenson Library at Bard College announces a 22-hour per week position for a self-directed and curious person to prepare all library materials for shelving; provide user services to special collections patrons; perform routine scanning of books and other documents. Library experience is very useful, but not required; attention to detail; some facility with computer technology is critical.
Under the general supervision of the Systems Librarian, prepares all library materials for shelving; performs minor repairs, and takes some conservation measures when necessary. Working closely with the Archives and Special Collections Librarian monitors special collections use in a secure reading room, provides backup user services and shelving of collection materials, and performs simple document scanning.
Typical position duties (as illustrations only):
- Process and prepare library materials in all print and media formats;
- Stamping, and placing date due labels;
- Proof-reading and applying call number labels, typing of additional information on spine labels;
- Affix protective strips and apply tattle-tape security labels;
- Use automated library system to make status and location changes and print labels;
- Occasionally trains student workers to perform simple repairs and processing tasks;
- Monitor use of special collections materials on a regular schedule in a secure reading room;
- Perform routine scanning of pages in special collections books and other documents that requires careful handling, critical attention to clarity of images, and some facility with computer technologies;
Provide backup user services and stack maintenance when necessary.Please submit a cover letter, resume and three contact references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/41817.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.