Senior Web Developer
OTC Markets Group Inc. is seeking an Associate Vice President Web Developer to support our client-facing application team. This web apps engineering role is responsible for all our public facing websites, supporting services and internal applications. The individual will have the opportunity to work on a small engineering team, solving complex problems and designing applications for the cloud.
OTC Markets Inc. offers a casual working environment in an airy loft office space in SoHo part of Manhattan, one of the most exciting and creative places in the world. We are committed to building a company where highly talented, creative people thrive. Therefore, we invest heavily in employee satisfaction and offer a competitive compensation package designed to entice the best.
- B.S in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent and 7+ years' work experience.
- Strong knowledge of Design Patterns
- Strong skills with concurrent programming
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures, REST principles, external API integrations
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with team members
- Strong teamwork and time management abilities a must.
- Mentor junior engineers
- Availability to perform production support on a rotating basis.
- Java - Core, JEE (JSP, Servlets, EJBs), Unit testing with JUnit (Mockito is a bonus)
- Source code control (Git), build tools (Maven, Jenkins), issue tracking (Jira), knowledge management (Confluence)
- Database Technologies: SQL, RDBMS, NoSQL (Redis), JDBC
- Travel up to 10%
Nice to have:
- Finance knowledge and interest
- Experience/interest in acting as DevOps
- Shell scripting
- Developing cloud-based applications
- Application monitoring tools
- Application performance tuning
- Knowledge of Scala and Play Framework
- Experience with Test Automation - Selenium, Jasmine
Please check: http://www.otcmarkets.com/jobs/openings to learn more about working with us!
Please apply at: https://otcmarkets.applytojob.com/apply/YQAy4X/Avp-Web-Developer?source=Ziprecruiter
OTC Markets Group Inc. (OTCQX: OTCM) operates Open, Transparent and Connected financial markets for 10,000 U.S. and global securities. Through our OTC Link® ATS, we directly link a diverse network of broker-dealers that provide liquidity and execution services for a wide spectrum of securities. We organize these securities into markets to inform investors of opportunities and risks: the OTCQX® Best Market; the OTCQB® Venture Market; and the OTC Pink® Open Market. Our data-driven platform enables investors to easily trade through the broker of their choice at the best possible price and empowers a broad range of companies to improve the quality and availability of information for their investors. To learn more about how we create better informed and more efficient financial markets, visitwww.otcmarkets.com.
OTC Link ATS is operated by OTC Link LLC, member FINRA/SIPC and SEC regulated ATS.
Please note that we will neither sponsor nor relocate individual for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
New York, NY
Sun, 23 Apr 2017 11:45:39 PDT