Assistant Director for Recruitment
The Assistant Director – Recruitment Manager assists the Director of Career Development/Associate Dean of Students in executing the Office’s strategic plan as it relates to recruiting firms and graduate schools to hire/admit Washington and Lee students. In addition, he/she works closely with internal partners (e.g., alumni affairs, development, faculty and staff) and external partners (e.g., recruiters, alumni) to create a culture of collaboration among a variety of stakeholders across the University.
Minimum of 3 years of professional work experience with an emphasis in recruitment and/or networking. Preference would be given to someone with experience in a liberal arts institution, or education from a liberal arts institution. This position requires the incumbent to portray a high energy level and be an active and successful team member. The Recruitment Coordinator must possess strong oral and written communication skills having a demonstrated ability to follow through. In addition, he/she must have an ability to write and speak articulately and passionately about the value of hiring/admitting a Washington and Lee student. The independent nature of this role requires the incumbent to take initiative and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Strategic Thinking - Keeps the University’s strategic objectives in mind when developing and contributing to plans and initiatives for own work group. Is able to explain the link between team goals and the University’s strategic direction to work group. Makes informed decisions based on a clear understanding of the impact and consequences involved. Considers key financial factors (e.g., budget, revenue, resources) when making decisions.
- Change Adaptability - Stays focused on own work and responsibilities in a changing work environment. Is able to quickly reprioritize to ensure resources (e.g., work group members, systems, tools, etc.) are in place to achieve change objectives. Responds positively and is supportive of change initiatives.
- Communication and Networking - Articulates thoughts clearly and is able to offer logical arguments to gain acceptance of an idea in a positive manner. Consistently communicates to work group and/or supervisor ensuring that everybody is well informed. Proactively builds informal networks at own level and uses them to drive results within own work group.
- Drive for Results - Seeks to identify specific improvements or opportunities to combine duplicate efforts to increase efficiency. Takes personal responsibility for seeing tasks and assignments through to completion. Sets high standards for work/deadlines and demonstrates a drive to deliver quality work within the allotted time.
- Self Development and Motivating Others - Establishes productive working relationships by actively participating in meetings and activities. Listens carefully, encourages and accepts other points of view. Seeks work group input and encourages their participation and involvement. Stays informed on events, trends and other developments in own field of work (e.g., regulations, policies, standards and practices).
Washington and Lee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, we are interested in candidates who are committed to high standards of scholarship, performance and professionalism and to the development of a campus climate that supports equality and diversity in our faculty, staff and student body. Job description requirements are representative, but not all‐inclusive of the knowledge, skill, and abilities needed to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
To apply for this job visit: https://jobs.wlu.edu/hr/postings/3330
Apply for Assistant Director for Recruitment
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly