Assistant Dean, Educational Evaluation & Development
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC) seek a proven, creative leader to direct the Educational Research & Evaluation Division and serve as Assistant Dean in our AUC Center for Medical Education. The successful candidate will be an expert in data analysis, management, and reporting. Reporting to the Senior Associate Dean for Curriculum and Faculty Development, the Assistant Dean will oversee the activities of this collaborative, consultative group to fulfill new and ongoing commitments to a diverse group of faculty, fellows and administrators. The ongoing commitments include collaborating with faculty in the design and implementation of curriculum with emphasis on outcome evaluation; development of learner assessment strategies including MCQ exams and OSCEs; consulting with course directors on program evaluation and learner assessment; and mentoring students, residents, and faculty in educational research and scholarship. A faculty appointment is available to eligible candidates.
- Lead ongoing efforts to design and continually improve systems related to program evaluation and learner assessment to promote innovation and excellence.
- Coordinate, prioritize, and participate in mentoring of students, residents, fellows, and faculty in curriculum design, educational research and scholarship, including study design; analysis of quantitative and qualitative data; and disseminating results through presentations and publications.
- Lead faculty development initiatives related to evaluation, research and assessment.
- Develop and implement useful, reliable, and valid teaching and assessment tools for preclinical and clinical students; and analyze and report results that provide evidence of student learning.
- Lead the management of educational databases in support of learner assessment, program and faculty evaluation and review of the learning environment.
- Supervise Academic Technology staff members
- Participate and play a leadership role on relevant committees and task forces.
- Supervise research division personnel including medical fellows and research assistants.
- Represent the Senior Associate Dean for Curriculum and Faculty development in his/her absence.
- Prepare reports for Leadership Groups and accreditation
- Teach selected topics in Biostatistics and Epidemiology
- Knowledge of competency-based education, program evaluation, research design, learner assessment, and instructional design.
- Leadership skills, including visioning, strategic planning, employee motivation, performance appraisal, and conflict resolution.
- Management and organizational skills, including staff supervision, managing multiple projects simultaneously for different stakeholders, and time management to prioritize and meet project deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills (both written and spoken communication), and team-building skills.
- Ability to mentor health professions students, residents, faculty, fellows, and faculty in all aspects of education, including instructional design, program evaluation, learner assessment, research, and educational scholarship.
- Strong skills in office productivity tools including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Ability to use statistical software (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Atlas).
- Basic financial management skills, preferred.
- Required - PhD or EdD in health sciences education, instructional design, cognitive psychology, educational psychology, educational measurement, statistics, psychology, or a related field, or equivalent in education and experience.
- Required - At least 5 years of experience in health sciences education
- Preferred - Experience specifically in medical education
- An established track record of scholarship including study design, data collection analysis, and dissemination.