Program Manager, Performance Management
Job ID: DB20170103-18735
Program Manager, IT Performance Management
Founded in 1900, the College Board was created to expand access to higher education. Today, we are a mission-driven, not-for-profit membership organization made up of over 6,000 of the world's leading colleges, schools, and other educational organizations. Through our programs and initiatives we challenge all students to own their future by practicing hard and taking advantage of every opportunity they earn.
The IT division makes these programs and initiatives possible by developing and supporting the applications to get things up and running and keep them running. We are looking for a Program Manager in our Reston, VA office who will play a crucial role helping to manage the performance of this well oiled machine.
The Program Manager, Performance Management, supports the College Board's technology and operational needs related to planning, managing, and understanding overall IT and Assessment Operations performance. The Program Manager will assist in the design and implementation of an enterprise wide process governance framework, and a process measurement and improvement program. He/she also will create and maintain processes and tools to enhance data collection and reporting to provide insight into organizational performance; develop appropriate dashboards and scorecards to assist in tactical and strategic decision making; and provide ad hoc data collection, analysis and reporting as needed.
The Program Manager is responsible for executing the IT Problem Management process, reviewing IT incidents and other sources to help identify candidates for problem management; support root cause analysis (RCA) using standard tools and industry best practices; and work with action owners to ensure timely completion of assigned actions, and validate implementation of corrective / preventive actions.
The ideal candidate will have experience in process management, performance management, IT problem management and organizational change management, especially with process documentation and metrics management. The ideal candidate must possess a proven ability to work effectively across IT and Assessment Operations organizations. Attention to detail, follow-through, and results are essential.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent plus 7-10 years related experience; engineering or other analytical background desired
- Experience with process management, documentation, and improvement
- Strong dashboard development skills and a consistent track record of proven success with key deliverables
- Experience in coordinating enterprise wide efforts, i.e., process improvement and metrics management efforts
- At least 4-5 years' experience in process management, metrics management and data analysis function
- Excellent communications skills - must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing including direct, concise executive communications
- Experience with MS project, SharePoint, ITSM and JIRA (nice to have)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to build relationships with diverse teams
- Strong facilitation skills
- Bias toward action
- Solid best practice process management knowledge and experience
- Analytical thinking and structured problem solving
- Ability to rapidly framework and dissect issues and challenges
- Proven ability to document; attention to detail essential.
- Proven interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a flexible team situation; superior communications skills and work ethic are absolutely required
If you are interested in joining the College Board and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by following the link below to send us your resume and a brief introductory cover letter that includes salary expectations.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board's mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Areas of Expertise Program Management, IT Infrastructure
Highest Level of Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full Time
Location Reston, VA
Years of Relevant Experience 6-9
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/hjt6w82csk