Senior Director, Admissions Innovation
Job ID: HC20170603-40247
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Director, Admission Innovation. This position is based out of the Reston, VA office.
The Senior Director, Admissions Innovation, will lead the development of a new suite of strategic and innovative admissions decision-making tools that help improve and support admissions practices nationwide and that add value to key College Board programs and services. Working in close collaboration with admissions practitioners, external and internal researchers, and multiple College Board teams, the leader will develop, pilot, and launch new offerings that seek to transform key aspects of the admissions process.
- Lead market research and product development, including market and user needs assessment and analysis, proof of concept and piloting, and operational rollout, in collaboration with Research and Data Science.
- Work closely and collaboratively with admissions offices across strategic HE segments to develop, test and roll out new data, tools, and practices that improve the fidelity and efficiency of admissions decision-making
- Collaborate closely with internal and external research and program staff to identify and help guide qualitative and quantitative research to support tool and product development
- Lead the development and publication of research, practice, and process guides, in partnership with Research teams.
- Identify and manage a wide range of partners for collaboration and joint development
- Establish a strong, visible leadership role for the College Board in this space, presenting at College Board and other national events, leading and facilitating conversations and forums with a wide range of stakeholders and partners
- Develop business plans and business cases for new tools and products
- Leverage existing relationships and expertise to help design value added solutions to support Higher Ed and also help the College Board deliver its mission
Internal Contacts :
Collaborates closely with HE colleagues, research, Data Science, programs, including SAT, AP, and Enrollment, and Access to Opportunity. Works closely with marketing and communications to generate external visibility and awareness and tool use. Partner with IT to design and build data tools and platforms.
External Contacts :
Key external contacts include college admissions and enrollment leaders and directors, external researchers, and education software organizations and companies.
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters or MBA preferred.
- 10-15 years recent, relevant experience in admissions required , including a demonstrated record of practice and process innovation
- Significant experience with and skills in data analytics and facility with multiple forms of statistical analysis
- Strong relationships with current and future admissions leaders from a range of institutional sectors
- Strong product development and management skills. Ability to effectively persuade, explain, negotiate product solutions, both internally and with external constituencies
- Direct experience in developing and implementing innovative, systematic, and data-driven admission practices and processes that leverage recent advances in research and technology
- Experience with and knowledge of best-of-breed admissions software systems
- Evidence of a data-driven, research-based, product development mindset
- Strong project delivery-orientation with proven ability to deliver projects on time, with strong organizational, time and task management skills.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Collaborative and team-oriented. Able to engage staff and external experts from multiple disciplines to create, pilot and test new tools.
- Outstanding communications skills - verbal and written
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our
Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
The College Board's mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Desired Travel 25% - 50%
Areas of Expertise Admissions, Digital, Higher Education
Highest Level of Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full Time
Location New York, NY
Years of Relevant Experience 6-9
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/hdvxhhj76m