Administrative Coordinator for Title IX
Queensborough Community College invites applications for the position of Administrative Coordinator for Title IX.
As part of the Office of Title IX Compliance, the Administrative Coordinator will assist the Title IX Officer in supporting College compliance with laws and policies related to sexual misconduct, including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, New York State Education Law Article 129-B ("Enough is Enough") and applicable CUNY Policies, including the CUNY Policy on Sexual Misconduct.
One of the College's greatest strengths, and a necessary element of excellence, is the diversity of our community. We are committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action, and strive to attract and nurture a talented and diverse faculty and staff that proudly reflect the unique character of the local Queens community, the most diverse county in the United States.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, major responsibilities include:
- Assist the Title IX Officer in preparing periodic and annual reports
- Assist the Title IX Officer in implementing an education, training, and awareness program, including: Providing in-person training to students and employees; Maintaining and disseminating public information on the College's Title IX program (such as the Title IX website) and on support resources in the College and in the community for those seeking assistance; Monitoring compliance and maintaining records related to education, training, and awareness programs.
- Assist the Title IX Officer by taking notes during confidential interviews.
- Communicate regularly with internal and external constituents, and handle sensitive communications and situations in a professional and collegial manner.
- Maintain schedules and calendars; handling logistics for meetings, special programs, as directed.
Bachelor's Degree required.
Experience dealing with student conduct adjudication, investigations, dispute resolution, and compliance.
Excellent judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint preferred.
Strong organization and excellent oral and written communication skills preferred.
Experience working in a collaborative academic setting.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter.
May 19, 2017. Review of resumes to begin May 3, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Queensborough CC
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator for Title IX
Job ID: 16646
Full/Part Time: Full-Time