University of Colorado School of Medicine
Instructor of Pediatrics (Sleep Program)
Department of Pediatrics/Section of Pulmonology
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America's most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The Department of Pediatrics Section of Pulmonology has an opening for a full-time Instructor of Pediatrics to work at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora and Network of Care and Regional locations. The section of Pediatric Pulmonology has 44 faculty members (to include Sr., Jr., PhD, Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant Faculty) with on-going interests in asthma, interstitial lung disease, pulmonary hypertension, bronchopulmonary dysplasia, cystic fibrosis, sleep medicine, the pediatric airway and medical education.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Triage of sleep patient issues and proper referral to providers within the sleep program
- Work closely with sleep lab technicians to answer questions for patients having sleep studies
- Work with DME and/or insurance companies to start O2, PAP or other medical interventions
- Partner with sleep team providers to manage urgent sleep study requests/results
- Partner with community physicians to provide clarification on sleep lab results and/or treatments
- Review, clarify, sign sleep study orders providing feedback to technicians, internal and external medical professionals, as well as patients and families
- Assist with review and edits of sleep clinic and sleep lab protocols, policies and procedures
- Assist with skills days (3 times per year) and lecture sleep lab techs at these events
- Attend regular meetings to include pre-clinic, sleep department, sleep lab and faculty meetings, National Jewish and Fellowship lectures
- Score sleep studies (4-6 sleep studies per week). Full education in scoring will be provided.
- Participate in a new inpatient sleep team consult service
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master's degree in nursing or equivalent education as a physician's assistant.
- Licensed, or license-eligible to practice professional nursing/physician assistant in Colorado
- Registration, or ability to register with the Colorado State Board of Nursing as an Advanced/Family Practice Nurse or Physician's Assistant
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge appropriate for individuals completing APN or PA School
- Pediatric clinical assessment skills
- Familiarity with electronic medical record, email, and other medical technologies
- One to three years pediatric experience
- One to three years pediatric pulmonary, sleep or neurology experience
- Prescriptive Authority
- Experience with either Sandman or XLTEC sleep software
- Inpatient Experience a plus
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Questions should be directed to Ricky Mohon, Sleep Lab Director at Ricky.email@example.com. Review of applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Some positions may also require a motor vehicle records check.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 07442
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20952 - SOM-PEDS Pulmonary-GenOps
Posting Date: Nov 30, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Ricky Mohon
Posting Contact Email: Ricky.firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00008273