Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
Nature of Work:
- Professional Research Assistant, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine
- Full-time (1.0 FTE) appointment under the supervision of Ricardo Battaglino, PhD
- Primary duties are to assist with research projects
- Specific responsibilities include the following: regulatory compliance, perform data collection, computerized data input, data and database management, and research reports
- Research Rehabilitation /Biology
- Title: Professional Research Assistant
- Supervised by Dr. Ricardo Battaglino
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- General molecular biology techniques including DNA/RNA extraction, modification, PCR, transformation, clone selection and propagation.
- Various recombinant protein expression vectors into bacterial or mammalian expression systems.
- Maintenance, propagation and transfection of mammalian cells.
- Additional experience in immunohistochemistry and confocal microscopy will be a bonus
- Managerial duties generally include, reordering supplies, and maintaining security standards.
- Undergraduate degree (e.g. Bachelor of Science) or higher in a related field
- $34 - 40K for full-time position.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 6174
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20301 - SOM-Rehabilitation Medicine
Posting Date: Aug 5, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Ricardo Battaglino
Posting Contact Email: Ricardo.Battaglino@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00726824