University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Department of Anesthesiology has an opening for a full-time Anesthesiologist to serve in the Interventional Pain Management Clinic. The chief responsibility of the department is to assure the best possible outcomes for our patients undergoing implants for chronic pain management, post operative pain reactions to invasive procedures, and a team approach to outlining the course of treatment for patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Practices holistically, considering patients' physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual needs.
- In collaboration with referring physicians, obtains a health history
- Performs a physical examination, and establishes a plan of care for pain related to the diagnosis.
- Orders and adjusts medication and non-pharmacologic therapies
- Orders and evaluates diagnostic studies, including lab and x-ray.
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, evaluates and manages a follow-up plan based on the patient's response.
- Incumbent must be skilled at the performance of minor outpatient procedures such as nerve blocks.
- Documents in the medical record the health appraisal date, history, physical findings, diagnosis, treatments, and progress.
- Initiates requests for consultation to other healthcare providers.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to maintain good communication among families, primary care providers, and other referral services.
- Personally examine the patient.
- Confirm or revise the diagnosis and determine the course of treatment to be followed.
- Either perform the physician's services required by the patient or supervise the treatment so as to assure that appropriate services are provided by faculty and/or residents and that the requirements for medical direction and/or teaching physicians are met.
- Be present and ready to perform any service performed by an attending physician in a non-teaching setting.
- Be recognized by the patient as his personal physician.
- Provides comprehensive assessment and management of pain
- Provides telephone triage and consultation for ambulatory pain clinic patients.
- Provides pain-related Resident and Fellow education
- Participates in pain-related research and evaluation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The candidate must have a strong working and theoretical knowledge of Chronic Pain Management as well as experience in teaching Chronic Pain Management including surgical procedures for the management of Chronic Pain.
All attending anesthesiologists must be licensed to practice medicine in the State of Colorado. Must have completed a recognized ACGME-accredited fellowship in Pain Management. Must be board certified in Pain Management by the American Board of Anesthesiologists.
Candidate should have at least two years' experience in Chronic Pain Management. Additionally, experience with intrathecal drug delivery systems and management of cancer pain within a multidisciplinary team strongly preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 08407
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20138 - SOM-Anesthesiology
Posting Date: Feb 9, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Dr. Thomas Henthorn
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00731726