RN - Diabetes Educator
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
RN - Diabetes Educator
The position serves as an RN at the Instructor level. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide diabetes education and follow up to newly diagnosed and established adults with diabetes
- Education and follow up to new insulin pump patients
- Education and management of pregnant patients with Type I diabetes
- Education and case management for adults who have Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- Phone consultations with patients and other nurses, advanced practice nurses, physician assistants and physicians in the community
- Determine appropriate options in resolving complicated inquiries and/or issues related to diabetes management
- Coordinate research protocols involving insulins, glucose meters, insulin pumps and medications used to manage diabetes
- Contribute to new and ongoing diabetes clinical research protocols
- Charting/data entry in EMR
- Educate patient, families and extended families in diabetes management
- Maintain high standards of existing ADA accredited diabetes program
- Must be a Registered Nurse licensed to practice in Colorado
- Bachelors Degree
- Previous clinical and research experience
- Knowledge of and experience working with Type 1 Diabetes
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 7219
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20061 - SOM-Barbara Davis Center
Posting Date: Jan 31, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sandra Nicholls
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00729532