Alternate Funding Temporary
University of Colorado - School of Medicine, Anschutz Health and Wellness Center
Alternate Funding Temporary
This temporary, hourly paid position will work with a Study Principal Investigator and a Study Coordinator for exercise and weight loss studies at the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center. This position is primarily responsible for early morning, evening and weekend exercise supervision of study subjects and assistance in exercise data collection according to protocol, UCD, and COMIRB standards and regulations. Position is part time and will work between 4 and 10 hours per week.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Assist with monitoring and supervision of regular exercise sessions of study subjects
- Assist with reviewing exercise attendance and exercise data to assess subject compliance
- Assist with efforts to maximize the retention of study participants
- Assist with documentation of study procedures and electronic entry of study data
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- an ability to work flexible hours, as this position is only for early mornings, evenings and weekends
- outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- ability to work independently in a thorough and productive manner
- excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop solid rapport with others
- excellent oral and written skills with the ability to write and conduct daily communications
- basic knowledge of data management, collection and analysis techniques
- proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Access and Excel
- successfully pass required research compliance courses (HIPAA training)
- self-motivated, a proactive learner and able to collaborate with a variety of investigators and individuals on our research team
- flexibility in daily routine and job tasks
- compassion and patience in interacting with adults regarding sensitive subject matter such as weight management and obesity
- ability to represent the University, Department and Center, internally and externally, in a professional and positive manner
- CPR/AED/ BLS certified
- Personal training certification
- Research study experience
- Advanced exercise certification preferred
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position will be $13 an hour and will be paid on a biweekly basis. This position is temporary in nature and will not exceed a period of 9 months from date of hire. This position is eligible for overtime.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but full consideration will be given to applications received by Friday, November 18th. Questions should be directed to Kristen Bing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 07443
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21471 - SOM-Health and Wellness Center
Posting Date: Nov 7, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kristen Bing
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00729861