University of Colorado - School of Medicine
We are searching for a highly motivated postdoctoral research fellow with a strong background in cellular neuroscience to work with Dr. Paco Herson in the Neuronal Injury Program (NIP), Department of Anesthesiology, and University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. NIP is a multi-PI research group with long-standing and productive research projects directed towards identifying novel therapeutic strategies to provide neuroprotection and improve functional recovery in the post-ischemic brain. Dr. Herson's laboratory is specifically interested in identifying mechanisms that contribute to hippocampal dysfunction following global and focal cerebral ischemia. In vivo animal models, histological and immunohistochemical analysis of cell death, slice electrophysiology and neurobehavioral testing are utilized for the interdisciplinary studies performed in our laboratory.
- PhD in neuroscience or other scientific discipline appropriate to the job.
- Experience with animal surgery and behavior preferred.
- Experience with microscopy preferred.
- The applicant should have experience with techniques in molecular and cell biology, microscopy and a good understanding of cell death signaling.
- Small animal handling and surgical experience is also preferred.
- Excellent record keeping ability, communication skills, and ability to work independently.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 7232
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20138 - SOM-Anesthesiology
Posting Date: Oct 24, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kecia Keliiholokai
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00729559