Clinical Asst Professor (C/T)
The Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences invites application for a DNP-prepared faculty member with certification as an Adult Gerontological Nurse Practitioner to teach in both our Master of Science in Nursing and our Doctor of Nursing Practice Programs.
The position includes teaching online graduate courses and serving as advisor in the role of Option Coordinator for the Adult Gerontological Nurse Practitioner Program.
As a graduate faculty member there is opportunity to participate in activities that interface with other members of the Department, the College, the University and the Community including the Aging Center at the Lane Center for Academic Health Sciences. The position is a full-time, 12-month position on the clinical teaching track with expectations for teaching, scholarship, practice, and service as described by the College and University.
Examples of Work Performed
- Teach graduate students in online education
- Engage in an active program of research/scholarship
- Maintain clinical advanced practice nursing and academic expertise
- Select learning experiences and guide students in achieving desired outcomes
- Participate in the evaluation process of students and faculty
- Assume faculty role in the guidance, advising and recruitment of students
- Participate in curriculum development
- Engage in activities that advance the mission and goals of the College
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Current, unrestricted RN and APRN licensure in the State of Colorado
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Doctoral degree with specialty certification
- National Board Certification by ANCC or AANP as Adult or Adult/Gerontological NP
Required Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with graduate students, faculty, and staff, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use an online teaching platform and basic IT applications
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Previous teaching experience in undergraduate or graduate nursing program
- Established or potential for a record of scholarship and service
Special Instructions to Applicants:Position is open until filled. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:In preparation for completing your application, have you attached your cover letter, resume/CV, and unofficial transcripts? In order to submit your application, you will be required to attach these documents on the following page and mark your documents as "relevant" to this position.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40082 - Beth-El Grad Nursing
Posting Date: Sep 30, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Carole Traylor
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00440321