Sr. Instructor WISH Clinician - Lone Tree
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Clinician-Educators Wanted for Women's Integrated Services in Health (WISH) Clinic (Lone Tree Location)!
The Department of Family Medicine at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus are seeking primary care clinicians (MD/DO) to provide high quality primary care for women within an award-winning medical system, and be part of training the next generation of primary care doctors.
We have a .75 - 1.0 FTE opportunity available at our Lone Tree Clinic. This position is scheduled for 24 - 32 hours of outpatient appointments per week. WISH clinic providers share responsibility for night, weekend, and vacation coverage, and are not required to pursue advanced academic rank. Inpatient coverage is not expected.
As a member of the faculty, these physician-educators supervise students and residents, participate in decisions regarding practice operation, collaborate on clinical research and quality improvement projects, and pursue continued academic growth.
The clinician (MD or DO) in this position will function as a primary care provider in a patient-centered medical home (PCMH practice) within the University of Colorado Health system, providing high quality care and supervising residents and students as needed. WISH provides primary care, outpatient GYN services and coordination of specialty care. This position is posted at the Senior Instructor level; in the event that one's experience exceeds that of a Senior Instructor, Assistant Professor will be considered.
- Terminal degree in Medicine or Osteopathy (MD or DO)
- Ability to obtain Colorado Medical License and possession of a current DEA Certificate.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Family Medicine.
- Ability to be fully credentialed with the UCH system and UPI Managed Care.
- Experience and enthusiasm for teaching students and/or residents.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Department of Family Medicine and WISH faculty and staff.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks and maintain a well-organized work environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Capacity for flexibility and adaptability in different work situations.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Experience training and developing staff.
- Ability to meet WISH-specific competencies and expectations.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/careers, refer to job number 06532. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID:06532
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
- Copy of diploma or unoffical transcripts
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20148 - SOM-Family Medicine
Posting Date: Jun 1, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Deanna Schroder
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00727836