Pediatric Research Nurse
University of Colorado School of Medicine
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Pediatrics - Section of Infectious Disease
PRA (Professional Research Assistant) Clinical Research Nurse
Position #726719 - Requisition #06076
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Professional Research Assistant. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position will assist in conducting clinical trials and research projects involving recruitment of subjects into clinical and epidemiological studies at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora at Children's Hospital Colorado and University of Colorado Denver.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Conduct limited exams and procedures as needed (eg. nasal swaps, nasal washes, blood draw)
- Lead study coordinator activities including subject recruitment
- Responsible for IRB submissions and communications
- Complete research documentation, utilizing medical records, lab guidelines, protocol information and other resources for accurate completion and submission of research records
- Perform and/or coordinate study visit events
- Track patient participation
- Some unskilled clinical care duties; collecting, processing and storing samples for research including laboratory work
- Develop and review informed consents
- Identify and submit adverse event reports to study team, sponsor, and IRB within designated time frames
- Assist in preparation for site monitor visits
- Oversight of projects and guidance to the Administrative Assistant.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position may be eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Bachelors Degree in nursing
- Current and valid RN Colorado licensure
- Previous clinical research
- 3 years of relevant experience, with at least 2 years of pediatric nursing experience, including phlebotomy on infants
- Experience using computer software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Condition of Employment:
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Childrens Hospital Colorado
- Must be able and willing to travel to clinics/practices in Denver Metro area and maintain a valid drivers license, automobile insurance, and a personal reliable vehicle
•-Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal, motor vehicle, and sex offender background check
This is an essential position and may be required to be on-site and present during times of campus closure due to weather and other events and/or during night and weekend shifts.
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to understand complex organizations
- Ability to work independently, within a strong team environment
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, often under time pressures
- Attention to detail a must as well as ability to accurately prioritize workflow
- Ability to do home visits for subjects unable to attend hospital/clinics
- Experience with multi-center trials
- Spanish speaking
- Experience with electronic medical records (i.e. EPIC)
- Experience with Access database
- Experience using statistical software
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Required Application Materials: When applying at www.cu.edu/cu-careers, applicants must include: 1. A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV or resume 3. The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and email addresses for three professional references. Questions should be directed to Kris Beam at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: - Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21016 - SOM-PEDS ID-GenOps
Posting Date: Aug 24, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kris Beam
Posting Contact Email: Kris.Beam@childrenscolorado.org
Position Number: 00726719