University of Colorado - Comcast Media and Technology Center
The University of Colorado Denver is comprised of the recently consolidated Denver Campus and the Anschutz Medical Campus. The consolidated university confers more graduate degrees each year than any other higher education institution in Colorado, offers over 130 degree programs in 13 schools and colleges, and brings in nearly $400 million annually in sponsored research.
The Denver Campus is located downtown next to a vibrant commercial and cultural district, three major professional sports venues, the Denver Convention Center, and city and state government offices. The Denver Campus alone has an enrollment of over 15,000 learners, and has a highly diverse student population.
The Comcast Media and Technology Center (CMTC), a visionary collaboration between College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) and College of Arts & Media (CAM), is situated in the Tivoli Student Union and is led by Co-Directors-one each from CEAS and CAM. Configured as an interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, and transdisciplinary center for innovation, the CMTC creates a confluence of expertise and knowledge. Through a unique blending of design, engineering, and technology, the CMTC's central purpose is to foster a creative environment in which students, researchers, and professionals can generate, develop, and activate culturally focused, action-orientated education, research, commercial enterprises, and community services that are empathetically driven, economically sustainable, and environmentally responsible in fields of computer science, engineering, design, business management, arts and media, and beyond.
This Research Associate position offers collaborative and independent research opportunities at the Comcast Media and Technology Center (CMTC) at University of Colorado Denver. The major responsibilities include providing leadership in the research, creative work, and service activities of the Comcast Media and Technology Center (CMTC). This position starts with an initial 2-year term as a joint appointment in the College of Engineering and Applied Science and the College of Arts & Media at the University of Colorado Denver. Upon satisfactory performance, reappointment for additional years is possible. The Comcast Media and Technology Center (CMTC), a visionary collaboration between College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) and College of Arts & Media (CAM), is situated in the Tivoli Student Union and is led by Co-Directors-one each from CEAS and CAM.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Provides leadership toward the achievement of the highest possible level of excellence in the research, creative work, and service activities of the center
- Articulates the goals of the center, both within and outside the unit, and advocates for the center and the faculty in pursuit of these aims
- Leads and manages research projects of the center's current thrusts
- Develops new research directions with Co-Directors and writes research proposals for external funding
- Leads and participates in development of manuscripts for publication
- Develops, plans, tracks and analyzes assigned projects. Works with project sponsor(s) to define project success criteria, timelines, milestones and deliverables.
- Manages multiple, concurrent and organizational projects.
- Responsible for monitoring performance and progress against documented objectives, timelines, milestones and deliverables.
- Records and reports project results to the Co-Directors and other stakeholders. Also records and reports key data and other relevant information regarding projects as needed.
- Maintains a climate that is collegial, that respects and values diversity that treats faculty, staff and members fairly and that is hospitable to creativity and innovation.
- Applicants must have a terminal degree (with experience in the arts, preferred) in computer science, engineering, design or equivalent experience in a closely related discipline
- Should have an active research/creative work program, a distinguished scholarly record, evidence of high-quality research
- Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields
- Experience in grant activities
- Experience in the higher education setting
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups of students, colleagues and community members is essential
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, identify and set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Energetic and flexible
- Ability to take initiative, think creatively and strategically and work independently on new projects and/or projects that are not well-defined
- Ability to remain organized at all times and to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources including team members and internal/external departments
- Navigate project changes effectively, remove barriers and coordinate with a variety of cross-functional project team members
- Exceptional communication skills
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 7402
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV. A Research Statement
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30120 - CAM-Visual Arts
Posting Date: Nov 14, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Brian DeLevie
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00729808