Multisystemic (MST) Family Therapist
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Addiction Research and Treatment Services (ARTS) / Synergy
MST Family Therapist
Position #00666162 - Requisition NUMBER 07102
The Synergy adolescent component of Addiction Research and Treatment Services, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, seeks to fill a full-time, University Staff (non-classified) MST/family therapist position in a community based substance abuse treatment program. The MST will actively participate in continuing to implement this community based treatment by providing Multisystemic therapy (MST) for families of adolescent substance abusers as an alternative to placement in inpatient or residential care facilities. The implementation of this clinical model requires adherence and fidelity to the MST model. Consequently, the MST will document activities in a rigorously prescribed manner. Outcomes will be correlated with several other Colorado based research efforts studying MST outcomes. The MST will receive comprehensive training in the MST intervention model for juvenile substance abusing delinquents and their families. This technique is based on the multi-determined nature of antisocial behavior focusing on preventive strategies within the youth's family, peer, school and neighborhood support systems.
Examples of Work Performed:
• Provide intensive treatment services using Multisystemic Therapy principles and protocols to a caseload of 1-6 active MST treatment clients, which include daily contact via individual and family counseling, case management, staffings, advocacy, etc. in their home environment, community, and sometimes within the treatment setting.
• Available to clients and their families 7 days a week, 24 hours day via pager, cell phone or on-call coverage.
• Provide transition services to clients when they leave the other formal residential/day • treatment programs.
• Balance job expectations around caseload, clinical contact and outcomes, and case management including paperwork.
• Provide clinical evaluations and/or intake pre-screenings to assess client qualifications and individual treatment needs and provide for appropriate treatment research recruitment recommendations.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $35,820 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
* Graduation from an accredited college or university with an associate's degree in human services or closely related field
* One (1) year of experience providing therapeutic or related services which included working with adolescents and families
Work experience which provided the same kind, amount and level of knowledge acquired in the required education may substitute for the education on a year-for-year basis.
Bachelor's degree or higher in human services, social work, or closely related field may substitute for the education experience.
Conditions of Employment:
* CAC II or higher. A MA, MSW, LCSW, LPC or MFT can substitute for the CAC requirement
* Must possess and maintain a valid State of Colorado Driver's License or be able to obtain on within 30 days of hire.
* Must agree to fingerprinting and criminal background check. Required background checks include a review with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) AND the Central Registry of Child Protection (Trails).
• Subject to pre-employment, post-accident or incident or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Addiction Research and Treatment Services Department Policies
*Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and ability to learn software programs *Experience using an Electronic Health Record
*Knowledgeable about child and adolescent development and family dynamics. *Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
*Must be able to set limits and assert self in complicated family dynamics and interact/collaborate with other involved entities (i.e. Human Services or Juvenile justice representatives)
*Master's Degree (or Master's candidate degree) in human services or closely related field.
*Bilingual and ethnic minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
*Experience in treating substance abuse.
*Experience with multi-needs families, knowledge of adolescent issues, and protocol based research methods.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Alexis Devine at email@example.com
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20280 - SOM-PSYCH-ARTS SP/G
Posting Date: Feb 16, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Alexie Devine
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00666162