University of Colorado
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes at the University of Colorado Denver is seeking a board certified full-time Pediatric Endocrinologist at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The candidate must have a strong track record of publications and grant funding in translational or clinical type 1 diabetes research. Prior mentoring or administrative experience is highly desirable. This position requires enthusiasm and vision for outstanding research and clinical care in type 1 diabetes.
The Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes (BDC) is the largest diabetes institute in the world specializing in type 1 diabetes research and care for children and adults. Over 200 clinicians, clinical researchers, basic biomedical scientists and supporting staff work at the BDC to find the most effective treatment, prevention, and cure for type 1 diabetes. The Center provides state-of-the-art diabetes care to over 7,000 children and adults with diabetes as well as inpatient care at the Children's Hospital Colorado. The dedicated Children's Diabetes Foundation has generously supported the BDC mission, since 1977.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- A commitment to an academic career in type 1 diabetes research, clinical care and service.
- Creativity and independent vision to build new programs.
- Providing outpatient and inpatient clinical care for children and adolescents with diabetes.
- Participation in ongoing research projects and competing for new research grants.
- Participation in student, resident, and fellow education, and mentoring of junior faculty
• Education: M.D.
• Certification/Licensure: Certified with the American Board of Pediatrics Sub-Board in Endocrinology.
• Licensed by the state of Colorado and for clinical privileges at Colorado Children's Hospital; obtainable upon hire offer.
• US citizenship or permanent residency status
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively and congenially within a diverse research and clinical environment
• Leadership skills and vision for enhancing the clinical and research mission of the Center
• Applicants at the Assistant Professor level will have demonstrated exceptional skills in their pediatric endocrinology fellowship research program and in junior faculty experience.
• Applicants at the Associate Professor level will possess at least 6 years of demonstrated excellence in research, teaching, and clinical care in pediatric endocrinology with a strong record of scholarly activity and peer reviewed publications.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 06168
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20061 - SOM-Barbara Davis Center
Posting Date: Aug 1, 2016
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Allison Reeds
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00644438