Classroom Teacher- Pool Position
PROJECT PROGRAM MANAGER
Working Title: Classroom Teacher- Pool Position
Type of Employment: Staff
Department: Childhood Services
Division: Academic Affairs and Research
Proposed Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Position Summary: The Classroom Teacher is under the direct supervision of the on-site Program Director, Childhood Services Program Coordinator and Director of Childhood Services. The Classroom Teacher is responsible for a classroom in a designated established site within the service area.
This posting is open for continued recruitment of individuals seeking employment for the position of Classroom Teacher. This pool position allows applicants to be considered for every Classroom Teacher position that becomes available. These positions are available at various locations within Childhood Services.
- Follows the guidelines of the ASU hand book.
- Responsible for completing daily paperwork including children and staff records; staff leave and substitute information, and USDA-food.
- Assist in the recruiting of early childhood professionals and provides training of those individuals.
- Assist in completing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Attends staff meetings and ensures documentation.
- Responsible for the overall implementation of the infant/toddler/preschool classroom daily schedule and curriculum.
- Available to travel to site/sites for support/training.
- Adheres to the Arkansas Better Chance Rules and Regulations, Minimum Licensing Regulations, and Quality Approval Standards/Better Beginnings
- Monitors classroom and its participants throughout program year by on site contacts, emails, personal phone calls, and meetings.
- Maintains an open line of communication between all staff, children, and families.
- Assists in maintaining program documentation, reporting and scheduling, monitoring, assessing, planning, developing, and evaluating all aspects of the classroom.
- The Classroom Teacher is expected to perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager-Coordinator/Director. As program needs change, specific jobs and classroom assignments may change as determined by Program Coordinator.
- Knowledge and be responsible for classroom support in the following areas: Daily Lesson Plans Minimum Licensing Requirements Current ABC Rules and Regulations Work Sampling System Ounce Assessment System COPA (Child Outcome Planning and Administration) ECERS (Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale) ITERS(Infant and Toddler Environment Rating Scale) Ounce.
General Days/Hours: Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Occasional after school activities
Position locations may include: Bay, Hughes, Helena, Jonesboro, Parkin, Phillips County, West Memphis and Wynne.
Other: Attends Conferences and meetings.
Strong leadership abilities.
Ability to develop, plan and implement short and long term goals.
Ability work well and collaborate with staff.
Skills in organizing, prioritizing and implementing program components.
Knowledge in teaching infant/toddler/preschool.
Skills in assessing and reorganizing program operations and procedures.
Demonstrates competency in the area of developmentally appropriate programming, curriculum development and daily classroom management.
Availability for travel, occasional weekends, and night duties.
Minimum Qualifications: Associate degree in Early Childhood Education or Early Childhood Development.
Degree exemption considered contingent upon requisite number of hours in early childhood and/or child development. Transcript required.
Minimum of 1-3 years' experience related to the administration of developmentally appropriate practices, curriculum development, and classroom management.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.