Design and Digital Marketing Specialist - College of Law (A1700244)
Design & Digital Marketing Specialist
The University of Illinois College of Law seeks an experienced, self-motivated graphic designer with social media management experience to join our Communications team. The Design and Digital Marketing Specialist will be an integral member of our team and will use his/her visual design skills to communicate the Illinois Law story to our various audiences. This position will report to the Director of Communications, and will work closely with other members of the senior administrative team.
Founded in 1897, the College of Law resides on the campus of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign - the flagship campus of the University of Illinois system. One of the nation's most respected public law schools, the College boasts an exceptional faculty and student body, enjoys a strong legacy of excellence in legal research and education, and has more than 11,000 alumni holding prestigious positions in law, business, government, and the legal academy.
- Demonstrate fresh design solutions in print, digital, and web media to create targeted communications for the College of Law.
- Use the latest Adobe creative suite software, as well as MS Office software, to take projects from concept development to final execution, presenting visual plans and strategies to stakeholders throughout the process.
- Implement creative marketing strategies for a broad range of audiences including, but not limited to, prospective students, current students, faculty, alumni, the campus community, peer institutions, and the media.
- Create multimedia including photo galleries, slideshows, and digital content.
- Manage all photography and videography needs for the College of Law, including coordination of photo/video shoots, providing creative direction to vendors, and organizing/managing our photo and video database.
- Collaborate directly with outside vendors such as commercial printers regarding format and print processes.
- Work with Director of Communications to affirm communications objectives are met, and ensure brand consistency and high standard of creative execution on time and on budget.
- Research trends in graphic design, creative methods, typography, web design, and social media and keep up-to-date with the most efficient technologies and work flow techniques. Outline options for management and senior staff.
- Design and prepare content for College of Law social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) based on communications goals.
- In collaboration with the Director of Communications, develop and manage social media editorial calendar.
- Develop strategies to expand/increase social media engagement with our followers.
- Bachelor's degree in design, communications, or related field.
- A minimum of two years of graphic design experience is required, with 3-5 years of experience preferred.
- Advanced skills in current design software including Adobe creative suite and MS Office required. Adept layout composition and mechanical skills to produce files for print and web. Strong understanding of printing processes, color-matching systems, photography, lighting and typography required.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines and be able to manage and deliver multiple projects at once.
- Demonstrated experience in using and knowledge of current social media platforms for strategic communications or brand creation.
- Experience with illustration, animation and new media.
- Outstanding conceptual design skills with experience creating storyboards, workflows, wireframes and mockups.
- An understanding of web interface and user experience design.
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Familiarity with University of Illinois WebTools, higher education marketing and/or the Urbana campus.
- Digital photography skills (experience shooting and editing with DSLR)
This is a full-time regular academic professional position. Start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. For full consideration, create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, a resume, a total of 3-5 examples of design work, and the contact information for three professional references by close date of May 19, 2017. Portfolio will be reviewed at the interview. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Organization Name: Law
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Law
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 04/21/2017
Close Date: 05/19/2017