Working Title: Research Specialist
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Psychiatric Medicine
Posting Date: 04-21-2017
The Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences at the University of Virginia is seeking a Research Specialist to support research in the Center for Diabetes Technology (CDT) located at the Fontaine Research Park. The incumbent provides support for research efforts and assists CDT Principal Investigators by organizing data from clinical trials, applying existing data treatments onto data and collating results, and modifying treatments as per PIs instruction. In addition, the incumbent participates in project specific and center wide weekly technical meetings.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field. A minimum of one year of relevant research experience is preferred.
This position is restricted and is contingent upon availability of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of a specific area of subject matter expertise.
2. Ability to synthesize information, provide advice, and address needs independently.
3. Ability to formulate research methods.
4. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions.
5. Proven ability to clearly articulate specific information in area of subject matter expertise.
6. Ability to present information in multiple forums to a range of audiences.
7. Ability to work independently or as part of a team and to work with senior leaders to accomplish goals.
8. Ability to grasp the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
9. Ability to resolve problems.
10. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
11. Ability to sort and compile data.
12. Ability to design charts and diagrams.
13.Ability to troubleshoot basic computer-related problems.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81697