Office of Analytics and Institutional Research - STATISTICAL MODELER
Vacancy ID S2110 Job Title STATISTICAL MODELER Department Office of Analytics and Institutional Research School/Parent Organization Enrollment Management Parent Org Division Enrollment Management Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 08/01/2017 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52 Normal Start Time 8:00 am Normal End Time 4:30 pm Position/Job Summary
Assist the Chief Analytics Officer and Associate Directors in transforming a broad array of institutional data into strategic and actionable information by applying most appropriate analytics and research methods to advance the College's mission for the creation of an inclusive student-centric learning community focused on student success. Under the guidance of CAO/Associate Directors, implement analytics and conducting research for the strategic planning and projections for various stages of the student life-cycle. This includes recruitment of prospective students, admission and financial aid, enrollment, curricular & co-curricular learning activities, retention and graduation, and post-graduation alumni activities. Statistical Modeler also participates in planning and building a centralized data governance to ensure accuracy, integrity, usability and security of the College's data. The incumbent collaborates with the College's Business Intelligence (BI) team and support the development of the College-wide integrated BI system from the analytics perspective.
1. Develop and maintain the highest level of expertise and in-depth knowledge of the structure, definition and use of data elements in the College's databases; develop and maintain mastery of data science tools, various analytics, statistical modeling software, and other cutting-edge software.
2. Participate in planning and building a centralized data governance system to ensure accuracy, integrity, usability and security of the College's data. Resolve problems pertaining to data inconsistency; and ensure compliance with established College standards.
3. Collaborate with the College's Business Intelligence (BI) team and develop expertise and in-depth knowledge in the construction, use, and management of cutting-edge BI metadata and data warehousing techniques from the analytics perspective.
4. Assist the Chief Analytics Officer and Associate Directors in transforming institutional data into strategic and actionable information by applying most appropriate analytics and research methods in order to advance the College's mission for the creation of an inclusive student-centric learning community focused on student success.
5. Under the guidance of the AIR Leadership team, construct and implement various interactive analytics and statistical models for the overall strategic planning and projections for various stages of the student life-cycle. This includes, but not limited to, recruitment of prospective students, admission and financial aid, enrollment, curricular & co-curricular learning activities, retention and graduation, and post-graduation alumni activities.
6. Identify, design, analyze and keep detailed records of research studies for the College to provide special research and management information reports requested by the senior administration and other internal constituents across campus. Develop policy briefs and literature reviews, and draft reports and institutional position statements in support of senior administration.
7. Design, construct, and maintain systems for disseminating information and fostering the culture of data-informed decision making across campus.
8. Attend professional seminars and conferences, and represent the Office of Analytics and Institutional Research on various committees and meetings as appropriate and approved.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 4 years related professional experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience; demonstrated ability, experience, and background in analytics, statistics, data visualization, data analyses, synthesis and interpretation; proven ability to develop and implement predictive models and succinctly communicate prediction outcomes to users; knowledge of statistical packages (i.e., SAS/SPSS) and SQL; excellent organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication skills are required. Experience with tools and methodologies specific to big data (i.e., R, Hadoop, Python, or Hive) is a big plus.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume, cover letter and list of three professional references. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. Our strategic plan, IC 20/20, positions us to offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).