JOB NO.: 90436-AS
Work Type: Staff Full or Part Time, Staff-Full Time, Staff-Part Time
Categories: Research, Scientific, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90436-AS
Working Title: Researcher
Official Title: RESEARCHER(E05DN) or ASSOC RESEARCHER(E05FN) or ASST RESEARCHER(E05LN)
Hiring Department: A177500-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/WCER
FTE: 50% - 100%
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $50,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
MA in Education or Related Field
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
A minimum of 2 years of experience in the following:
* Overseeing the design of formative assessment opportunities for upper elementary, middle school, or high school classrooms.
* Organizing data collections in schools.
* Conducting educational research in K-12 schools.
* Interviewing educators and students.
* Demonstrating strong organizational skills.
* Working independently as well as effectively collaborating with a team to create and produce assessment tasks and related research materials.
* Managing multiple responsibilities effectively.
* Demonstrating a proven track record of meeting deadlines.
* Overseeing development of storyboards for technology-based academic assessments in mathematics and/or science.
* Knowledge of Common Core standards in Mathematics, and/or Next Generation Science Standards.
* Knowledge of semiotics and linguistics.
* Working with IT engineers and designers.
* Teaching English learners (ELs).
* Conducting experimental and/or qualitative research.
* Coding and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data.
* Demonstrating proficiency in interpreting and presenting quantitative and qualitative data.
The Institute for Innovative Assessment is a grant-funded center at UW-Madison conducting research on innovative assessments. Current grant projects are developing and investigating the viability and validity of innovative technology-enhanced assessment tasks designed to measure unit-level mathematics and science learning of middle school students using innovative formative assessment methods and novel item types. These methods have been found to be effective for all students and are particularly useful for diverse learners, including those with literacy, language and attention challenges. Data collections will include one on one qualitative student interviews and educator interviews and focus groups, educator feedback questionnaire data, and randomized experimental study trials. For additional information, please see http://iiassessment.wceruw.org/about/
Instructions to applicants:
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Applicants will be asked to fill out a list of three professional references with contact information.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 21 Apr 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 19 May 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time