Part-Time School Based Instructor
The College of Education at Rowan University is seeking a ¾ part-time instructor for a school-based teacher preparation program. The focus of the position is to serve as the liaison between the College of Education and one of our Professional Development Schools (PDSs) and teach in one of the academic departments in the area of educator preparation. This is an annual contract offered based upon funding availability.
- Six (6) credit hours of coursework and/or clinical practice supervision
- Three (3) credit hours as Professor-in-Residence at one Rowan Professional Development School (PDS).
o Work on site 1.5-2 days per week (may include teaching courses, mentoring teachers, supervising practicum/clinical interns, observations, etc.)
o Serve as the liaison between the school and College of Education
o Collaborate with on-site PDS team, school leader(s), and teacher liaison
o Develop, coordinate, and implement the PDS plan
o Facilitate preservice and in-service professional learning opportunities
o Collaborate with the PDS partner to create a research agenda that will document the impact of the PDS
o Participate in the PDS Network Meetings
o Other duties as assigned
- Earned master’s or doctoral degree in teacher education
- Minimum of three years of successful teaching experience in a P-12 setting
- Ability to demonstrate currency and fluency in literature, research, and emerging best practices in teacher education
- Ability to mentor teacher candidates in a field-based setting
- Ability to provide evidence-based professional development to professional educators
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion, social justice, and equity in teacher education which results in culturally responsive and differentiated instruction
- A teaching and learning philosophy consistent with the mission of the College of Education
Starting Date: September 1, 2017
The application must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system no later than May 18, 2017.Contact: Questions regarding this position can be directed Dr. Stacey Leftwich, firstname.lastname@example.org. The application must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system.
All applications should include: a letter of application, which includes a description of research, teaching philosophy and interests, sample publication, curriculum vita, graduate transcripts, and contact information three professional references.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.