General Description of Position:
The Kansas State University Polytechnic campus seeks a grant specialist with technical writing skills who will work to identify relevant funding opportunities and determine relevant fit across campus faculty and staff. This position will assist those faculty/staff in pursuing those opportunities through assembling/writing proposals, assisting with the submission process, and assisting with the post-award reporting requirements. Also assisting with technical report review and editing.
Information about the Department:
The Polytechnic Dean's Office oversees the campus including the school of integrated studies, all facilities and services, as well as research operations.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university established the Office of Diversity, led by the associate vice provost for diversity and a dedicated staff. Additionally, each college has a designated Diversity Point Person to provide insight and guidance.
Kansas State University received the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity, or HEED, award from Insight Into Diversity magazine for the past three years. Multicultural students account for 15 percent of our student population, a university record and continuing trend.
- Identifying funding opportunities and matching those to capabilities on campus.
- Assisting with proposal submissions and project administration.
- Reviewing and editing technical reports.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- B.S. in a communications related field
- 1-3 years of experience as a technical writer/grant specialist
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and in person
- 4 - 10 years of experience in technical report writing and grant submissions/management
- Proven track record of successful proposal writing
- Ability to prioritize, work and communicate well with others in a dynamic environment
- Able to work with minimum supervision
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
Screening of Applications Begins:
May 1, 2017
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$41,258-$63,950 depending on qualifications
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.