The English Language Center (ELC), located on the campus of the University of Denver, is an intensive English program (IEP) for international students. The ELC has been preparing students to be successful members of the University of Denver and other U.S. institutions of higher education for over 40 years. With the benefits of a major metropolitan area and easy access to the outdoor adventures of the Rocky Mountains, the ELC offers students a unique, supportive, and immersive educational experience.
The Program Manager is responsible for providing a high level of customer service to prospective, current, and former students as well as for ELC faculty and staff, campus stakeholders and other constituents. This position supervises the Program Coordinator and student workers and serves as the main Designated School Official (DSO) for the ELC. This position is responsible for coordinating student admission, immigration documentation, registration, and record-keeping.
- Serve as a DSO and oversee ELC admissions and I-20 processes.
- Provide customer service to students, scholars, staff, faculty and visitors.
- Supervise and conduct performance evaluations for Program Coordinator.
- Maintain student records, databases and statistics.
- Coordinate ELC student registration sessions.
- Serve as purchasing support and process reimbursements.
- Process direct pays, requisitions, purchase orders, and journal entries for the ELC.
- Serve as campus liaison for HR, Campus Safety, Facilities, etc.
- Hire, develop and supervise student worker positions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability and the initiative to work independently and creatively with minimal supervision in a team setting in a seasonally busy and time-sensitive environment.
- General knowledge of US immigration regulations and demonstrated evidence of I-20 processing.
- Strong interpersonal/intercultural communication skills, flexible work style, strong grammar, writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work with international students from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated compassion and understanding of the challenges faced by international students.
- Ability to interact with a variety of constituents and stakeholders, both on and off campus.
- Strong computer literacy and database management.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized, with the ability to manage multiple tasks/demands and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Must be a US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident and be able to serve as a Designate School Official (DSO).
- At least 3 years' working with international students or in an international setting.
- At least 3 years' working in a customer service role.
- At least 1 year supervising others.
- Knowledge of or previous formal study of a second language.
- Demonstrated experience using ISSM, Banner, and SEVIS systems.
- Previous DSO experience.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., with occasional evenings and weekend events.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Monday, May 8, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. For questions about this position, please contact:
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.