Senior Manager - Evoke Print & Bindery (S221)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
Responsible for the overall supervision for the operations of EVOKE, a print studio. Responsible for income, expenditures and budget. Oversees all full time and student staff. Responsible for strategic marketing plans to both internal and external customers. Direct and oversee the sales and marketing function to identify and develop new customers for products and services.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Five years of management experience including employee development.
- Five to seven years of experience in print/copy production.
- Two to three years of experience in graphic design and production.
- Two to five years of marketing and sales experience.
- Manages the daily operations and growth of EVOKE, a print studio.
- Responsible for budget management of revenue and expenditures.
- Oversees all money received, processing department invoices for payment, and keeping accurate records of income and expenses.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, polices, and operating procedures.
- Directly manage major and critical developing client accounts, and coordinate the management of all other accounts.
- Direct and coordinate company sales and marketing functions.
- Develop and coordinate sales selling cycle and methodology.
- Research and develop strategies and plans which identify marketing opportunities, direct marketing, and new product development.
- Works with IMT, Equipment vendors to keep computer graphics software and equipment operational and maintains computer security.
- Oversees the daily production of all digital printing & finishing jobs by setting up equipment.
- Maintain a web based workflow for clients.
- Mentors staff through leadership development and continued educational opportunities.
- Provides vision and strategic planning for increased growth in sales and services provided.
- Creates and implements marketing plan and campaigns.
- Promotes excellence in customer service
- Coordinates and schedules technical training for all staff.
- Monitors and cultivates vendor relationships.
- Develops and prepares bids and product reports for future equipment purchase.
- Organize workforce during regular hours or in an extra hour's situation.
- Monitor jobs in production and communicate with production staff regarding special jobs, proofs, and delivery deadlines.
- Responsible for the accuracy and implementation of all pricing.
- Responsible for accuracy of website information, pricing and products.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of material and information processed.
- Assist production staff with jobs and communicate to insure all deadlines and cost budgets is met.
- Train staff on proper procedures and techniques
- Operates POS, ensures quality control for completed orders, follows opening and closing procedures, and accounts for sales.
- Maintain print room inventory levels including paper, toner/ink, and any other related materials needed for daily production
- Recommend improvements to achieve cost savings and optimize work flow.
- Ensure that equipment is being properly maintained and upgraded
- Experience and able to operate a computer in a network environment, using both specialized applications as well as standard administrative applications such as g-mail, Microsoft Office, and Adobe CS6 products.
- Must have knowledge and experience in operating finishing equipment, i.e. Paper cutter, Duplo 3500 booklet system, Duplo DC-645, DB-280 Production Bind, etc.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.