Application Processing Assistant (9-months) - Admissions
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The primary functions of this position are to process applications and facilitate appropriate updates to student records as files go through the admissions process, as well as help the Inquiry Processing Associate gear up for and carry out all duties during the busy recruiting and inquiry season. In addition, this role will serve as backup to other members of the team during peak times and absences. This includes, but not limited to, assisting with inquiry data entry/maintenance, application import/entry, mail processing, transcript processing, general database management. The position will utilize both the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (CS) database and the TargetX Student Relationship Management (SRM) systems. Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Processing and Operations.
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of admissions or related experience preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Prioritize and process all outgoing departmental mail
- Coordinate and package all recruiting materials for counselors and interns
- Data entry of information from prospective students into the SRM student database
- Open and search incoming mail to identify application materials for prospective students, calculating both high school and college grade point averages (GPAs) using transcripts received.
- Performs other duties related to job description as assigned by supervisor
- General SRM database knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Windows-based software (Excel, Word) required.
- Experience with Google Apps (Mail, Calendar, Drive), TargetX/Salesforce and PeopleSoft systems preferred.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.