Academic Fieldwork Coordinator / Professional Services Specialist 1
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
Stockton University seeks applications for a 12 month professional staff position in the Graduate Program in Communication Disorders to be appointed at the level of Academic Fieldwork Coordinator to begin July 1, 2017.
Stockton University has received national recognition for its distinctive academic programs and interdisciplinary approach to learning. The Stockton community combines a sense of tradition with a spirit of innovation to achieve academic excellence. Stockton offers other health degrees including physical therapy, nursing, occupational therapy, public health, health sciences, and social work.
- Manage administrative responsibilities and data management tasks for a variety of fieldwork sites.
- Collaborate with program faculty on curriculum design and integration of fieldwork in program courses.
- Maintain and initiate policies, procedures, and forms in collaboration with the MSCD program director related to externships in the MSCD Clinic Handbook.
- Instruct students regarding all aspects of fieldwork education as well as personal attributes and skills needed for successful participation in fieldwork placements.
- Develop and maintain program policies regarding fieldwork.
- Prepare annual status report including recommendations for program change.
- Evaluate fieldwork, fieldwork sites, educators and student evaluations.
- Seek and develop new opportunities for off-site clinical practicum placements through written or verbal communication including conducting initial off-campus site visits.
- Earned Master’s Degree and Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology
- Eligibility for licensure as a speech-language pathologist in New Jersey
- A minimum of three years of clinical experience
- Effective leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- Clinical experience in a variety of practice settings across the lifespan
- Prior teaching experience
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.