Administrative Assistant (P/T)) - Dept of Ldrshp & Org Psych
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
This position provides administrative support to the Department of Leadership and Organizational Psychology, including the M.A. in Leadership, M.A. in Global Leadership, M.S. in Organizational Psychology, the undergraduate Leadership Minor, and emerging programs. Part-time (approx. 20 hours per week).
- B.A. degree or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of experience in a service-oriented environment, preferably in higher education
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Serve as confidential assistant and administrative support.
- Responsible for the daily administrative operations of the department and office.
- Greet and receive visitors, answer department phones, correspond to department emails, and help address the preliminary program and department queries.
- Coordinate and schedule the calendar, meetings, appointments, interviews, class schedules, facility requests, department events, databases, and other departmental needs.
- Arrange meetings, including food and beverages, and IMT support.
- Collaborate with the Program Manager and student assistants to provide hospitality support for department events and meetings, including but not limited to Capstone Colloquiums, Thesis Defenses, Convocation, Commissioning, Info Meetings, and Speaker Series.
- Coordinate room arrangements, IMT support, and catering for events.
- Initiate and track all paperwork and forms including adjunct contracts, faculty loads and overloads, semester schedules, subsequent schedule changes, course materials, personnel files, and other department documents.
- Complete requests for the Registrar and One Stop offices such as course schedule submissions, subsequent changes, and graduation clearance paperwork.
- Provide clerical support for the faculty and members of the department in areas such as duplicating and printing, syllabi, and class preparation.
- Create, maintain, and update general office files on current students, alumni records, and important program information for the various programs within the department.
- Responsible for the maintenance, sorting, and preparation of past academic files for University digitizing.
- Provide department support for ordering course evaluations and desk copies of textbooks and other publications, assist faculty with training and support for the online University Bookstore requisition system, and track library requests.
- Coordinate and review updates of the department website in collaboration with UR.
- Generate weekly comparative reports on program specific information such as enrollment, admits, and class offerings.
- Responsible for ordering/purchasing office supplies, technical equipment, and all other materials for department use. Track credit card expenses/reconciliations, reimbursements, and budget expenses for programs.
- Make travel and conference arrangements.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of the position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs. May occasionally work nights and weekends according to department events.
- Maintain the office in a professional manner including appearance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.