The Center for Health and Counseling Services at Lewis University invites applications for a Nurse to be responsible for providing nursing/medical assistance to students, faculty and staff.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is a vigorous and growing institution located 25 miles SW of Chicago. As a Catholic university in the Lasallian tradition, our approach is values-based and ethically-focused. The Center for Health and Counseling Services at Lewis, is a multipurpose department that strives to empower Lewis University students to maintain and enhance their physical and emotional health and well-being. For additional information on Lewis as an institution and the Center for Health and Counseling, please see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
- Follow standing physician orders/protocols. Collaborate with University physicians on an on-going basis.
- Provide patient assessments, administer medical treatment, and refer outpatient services as needed and as appropriate.
- Provide personal support services; advise patients with medical issues/concerns.
- Act in crisis/emergency situations, as needed.
- Assist in the implementation of Health Services activities including Health Promotion Campaigns, Immunization Clinics, and Health Education Seminars.
- Review and oversee the proper maintenance of Health History, Physical and Immunization records; document all Health Care interactions.
- All records will be maintained with confidentiality in accordance with state and federal laws, and by professional ethical standards.
- Provide Health Services information to regulatory agencies as required, e.g., , .
- Assist in formulating, initiating and administering departmental policies and procedures for Health Services.
- Co-serve as the university’s health care advisory/resource person.
- Assist to provide follow up on Emergency Medical Services (E.M.S.) calls, as appropriate.
- Assist in planning for present and future initiatives; participate in the process of collecting and analyzing data on health service trends, activities and services.
- Inventory management; including, ordering departmental supplies, medications and equipment.
- Assist with making unit/program enhancements as needed, under the direction of the Director.
- Oversee the preparation and dissemination of Health Services information including public relations advertisements, pamphlets, brochures, etc.
- Participate in continuing education experiences as per licensure requirements.
- Maintain up to date certification.
Minimum Qualifications: Registered Professional Nurse with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred, or a commitment to pursue BSN degree. Additional requirements include a minimum of three years of nursing experience in direct patient care, preferably including the areas of outpatient and/or emergency care, patient teaching, communicable diseases and community health. Current licensure under the State of Illinois Department of Professional Regulation is mandatory. Evidence of a clear understanding and concern for college health care issues is vital. The ability to work independently and react quickly and responsibly in emergency/crisis situations is required. The ability to communicate well both orally and in writing is essential.
How to apply:
For a full description and to apply visit: https://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/2109
Inspired by the University’s Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.