Mathematics Temporary Full-time Faculty
Position involves preparing for and teaching and assessing courses in mathematics and statistics. Course assignments may occur in a classroom setting, learning lab, online or dual enrollment environment. As a full-time faculty member, this individual will also provide academic advising to students and participate in student recruitment and retention activities. The incumbent may also be expected to actively participate in departmental curriculum review, revision, and development as well as assessment of student learning outcomes/ proficiencies. S/he may serve as a member on college committees, serve as a liaison to external partners and professional associations and assist with faculty recruitment and retention initiatives.
Position is only for Fall17 semester.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Teaches assigned classroom courses.
2. Maintains and reports appropriate classroom records: e.g., grades, attendance, etc.
3. Reviews, selects and orders course books and other instructional materials.
4. Works collaboratively with other departmental faculty on projects aimed at assessing and improving student learning.
5. Contributes to, and engages the department in the General Education, Assessment, Curriculum Committees, and other committees.
6. Develops and updates syllabi for courses assigned and ensures course content and requirements meet college and accreditation requirements.
7. Holds office hours for assisting and advising students.
8. Conducts regular curriculum reviews and revises curriculum as needed.
9. May be asked to assist with building class schedule for areas of discipline.
10. Mentors adjunct faculty and maintains regular communication with full-time and adjunct faculty, Library Learning Services, Enrollment Services, Academic Advising, and the instructional Dean.
11. Attends, facilitates, and/or leads staff meetings and in-service programs within the department and college-wide.
12. Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, and student service initiatives.
13. Adheres to the policies, procedures, and compliance guidelines of the college. Ensures support for the Teaching Profession Code of Ethics. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of course content and objectives.
- Ability to develop and effectively deliver course content/objectives and facilitate an effective learning environment for students to maximize their success.
- Knowledge of computer and educational technology and ability to effectively integrate technology into the classroom.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable working in a close, collaborative manner with other faculty and administration.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Math Education, or Statistics.
- Two years of teaching experience required, preferably at the college level.
- Previous experience in a community college environment preferred.
- Experience in teaching developmental mathematics.
- Experience working with student assessment.
- Experience with online instruction, working with dual enrollment students, and international students is preferred.
MMCC is an equal opportunity employer.