ASSOC DIR, CAREERSVCS/PLCMT, FSB
ASSOC DIR, CAREERSVCS/PLCMT, FSB
Career Management Center
Associate Director, MMS and MQM Career Services Career Management Center (CMC) The Fuqua School of Business
The Associate Director (AD) enhances student career success by creating and managing a diverse portfolio of services and by serving as a key resource for Fuqua's MMS and MQM students. The AD tailors activities and resources to meet the unique needs of each population, ensures student career services needs are met, and helps to organize others toward achieving these objectives. S/he facilitates career education and skill development for students in a variety of ways - through workshops and seminars, small group sessions, one-on-one coaching, and engagement with employers that ensures understanding of their expectations and aligns offerings with marketplace needs. Topics span the career development process, including self-assessment, job search strategies, resume and cover letter writing, networking and informational interviewing, interview preparation and skills, and job offer evaluation and negotiation. The AD will also educate employers about the MMS and MQM programs and seek to enhance student access to job opportunities through business development. The AD will allocate time across program planning and management (35%), student coaching and programs (35%), business development (15%), and other/special projects (15%). This allocation is only an estimate and will vary by time of year and program needs. This position operates within a matrixed department environment and works collaboratively with the MMS and MQM program and the entire CMC in designing and delivering these services. Because of the unique perspective gained by working across teams, it is expected that s/he will provide insight and recommendations to enhance cross-program alignment and best practices to benefit all parties.
Qualifications, Requirements, and Competencies
- Master's degree or higher in counseling or Master of Business Administration (MBA) or related discipline or higher; 4 - 6 years of related professional experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated track record in program management, career services, career coaching, and/or business development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the capacity to learn new technologies, including career management platforms. Preferred experience and comfort with communication and data management tools to operate effectively in global work environment.
- Periodic travel when needed to attend relevant off-site events, conferences, or meetings.
- Some evening or weekend hours for programs and events.
- Possess a sharp stakeholder focus, which include current and prospective students, alumni, employers, and institutional partners within Fuqua and Duke, and a demonstrated willingness to listen to their stories, feedback, and suggestions.
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changes driven by various constituent needs. Work productively amid ambiguity and influence across teams.
- Initiative and organizational skills to take on special projects as institutional and/or program needs warrant.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, including the development and delivery of materials for presentations, and the ability to work effectively with diverse students, staff, faculty, and alumni.
- Integrity and discretion when accessing and handling confidential information.
- Make independent, responsible decisions to create positive outcomes and know when decisions require further input or approval.
- Overall effectiveness of assigned projects and deliverables.
- MMS and MQM student satisfaction as reflected through surveys and other formal and informal feedback channels.
- Recruiter satisfaction with student preparedness as measured through surveys and other formal and informal feedback channels.
- Alignment with Duke core values of learning, diversity, respect, teamwork, and trustworthiness in all interactions and with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Annual performance review. Career Management Center Mission Statement As a leading global business school career center, Fuqua's Career Management Center advances quality relationships and fosters learning across multiple stakeholder groups including students, alumni, and employers, and the Fuqua and Duke communities.
- We enhance student and alumni success through proactive career and job search preparation to manage their goals as leaders of consequence in a rapidly changing, diverse employment marketplace.
- Collaborating with employers, we facilitate meaningful partnerships that meet mutual objectives, foster information exchange, and enable talent acquisition and development.
- We serve as an integral part of the Fuqua and Duke communities, generating thought leadership, sharing best practices, developing resources, and building networks through the development of educational, professional, and cross cultural experiences.
2068 ASSOC DIR, CAREERSVCS/PLCMT, FSB
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires three years of experience in a placement or otherstudent services function to become familiar with career counseling andplacement programs as well as general administrative activities.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.