Placement Test Proctor - PT, temp MCCC unit position
About Greenfield Community College:
***PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS AN APPLICANT POOL. THERE MAY NOT BE ANY CURRENT OPENINGS IN THIS AREA, BUT APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED HERE WILL BE KEPT ONLINE FOR ONE YEAR AND AS OPENINGS OCCUR, THEY WILL BE REVIEWED.***
Greenfield Community College is located in the beautiful and historic Pioneer Valley of western Massachusetts, between the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains and the fertile farmland of the Connecticut River watershed. GCC is a public community college of approximately 2,200 students. Known for the caring and supportive attitude of the faculty and staff, and for the broad support it enjoys from the surrounding community, the college is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. In addition to a strong Liberal Arts focus, the College offers a wide variety of innovative and successful programs including Gender and Women's Studies, Fine Arts, Nursing, Renewable Energy, and Outdoor Leadership, as well as varied learning environments, from traditional classrooms, to distance learning, peer tutoring, one-on-one faculty-student advising, workforce development, and learning communities that cater to specific needs and interests. Close to fifty percent of Greenfield Community College students transfer to four-year colleges, and it is Smith College's largest source of community college transfer students. Much of the College has recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation that sets the stage for future developments in learning. Greenfield Community College actively encourages and provides opportunities for leadership and professional development.
Department: Admission/Placement Testing
Posted: Apr 20, '17
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under the direction of the Coordinator of Student Assessment, proctors the administration of placement tests, interprets placement test scores, and provides academic advising to incoming students to ensure enrollment in appropriate course levels. Proctors exams, disability accommodation tests, and performs related duties as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Follows all training guidelines, processes, and procedures specific to and during the administration of standardized and college computer-based, internet-based and paper/pencil tests offered by and through the Testing Center (including Computerized Placement Tests, HiSET and other tests) following all proctoring guidelines
- Participates in required trainings and certifications required for the administration and proctoring of standardized exams
- Administrative work associated with testing ? i.e. filing, printing rosters, scheduling appointments
- Sets up and configures computers for computerized test administration
- Checks-in students and ensures test security by verifying students' identification (picture ID) prior to administering test
- Provides test results and interprets scores generated by placement tests when appropriate
- Provides preliminary academic advising to placement test takers to prepare them to register for appropriate level courses
- Monitors the use of materials (i.e. scrap paper) for testing to ensure compliance with FERPA guidelines with respect to student information and student confidentiality.
- Consults troubleshooting guidelines and is prepared to respond when technical difficulties arise. Reports any problems to the Coordinator of Student Assessment
- Acts as a proctor during all testing periods
- Bachelor's degree;
- One (1) to two (2) years' experience with academic advising
- Familiarity with the programs and courses offered at the college
- Able to work flexible hours including days, evenings and weekends. Hours per week will vary based on testing needs.
- Have some experience in administering standardized tests
- Ability to relate to students with diverse backgrounds and learning styles
- Skill in the field of counseling and/or advising in an academic setting
- Bi- or multi-lingual fluency
- Previous successful academic counseling experience in a community college setting
- Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
This is a temporary, part-time MCCC/MTA Unit Position to be filled on an as needed basis. Incumbents will submit time cards to track hours.
SALARY: $27.60 per hour or current MCCC/MTA part-time hourly rate
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a Greenfield Community College account by clicking on the APPLY NOW tab below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for 3 professional references
See the FAQs for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Already have a Greenfield Community College Employment Account? Login to your account to add documents or update your account.
***Greenfield Community College is proud to value diversity in our community of faculty,staff and students and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
***THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS ACCREDITED BY THE NEW ENGLAND ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES.