Working Title: Rotunda Manager
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Office of the President
Posting Date: 04-21-2017
The Rotunda Manager provides on-site leadership of the Rotunda, the architectural and academic heart of the University of Virginia. The Rotunda Manager is responsible for forging and strengthening strong collaborative relationships with all University stakeholders who experience the Rotunda through academic classes, special events, meetings, and general visits. The incumbent is tasked with managing the physical and virtual operations and will coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to advance an approach focused on continual improvement. The Rotunda Manager will lead a team of student employees (Rotunda Ambassadors) to execute seamless operations while consistently delivering best in class customer service.
Designed by Thomas Jefferson as the architectural and academic heart of the University's community of scholars, the Rotunda is the centerpiece of UVA's "Academical Village." It represents the Jeffersonian principle that learning is a lifelong process and that interaction between faculty and students is vital to the pursuit of knowledge.
In the fall semester 2016, the Rotunda re-opened following an extensive two-year renovation. A central aim of the renovation was to return student activity to the Rotunda; and, since re-opening the Rotunda provides classroom, meeting, social, and study space to the University community. For more information, please see: http://rotunda.virginia.edu/
The Office of the President
The Office of the President seeks to create an environment in which the time, leadership, and influence of the president, vice presidents, deans, and senior leaders are used to greatest possible effect--with the ultimate goal of propelling the University into the top tier of universities, public and private, in the country and in the world. For more information on the University President and the Office of the President, please see: http://president.virginia.edu/
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent operational and project management skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proven ability to clearly articulate information in multiple forums to a broad array of stakeholders.
- Ability to interact with executive level administrators, government officials, faculty, staff, students, alumni, parents and other stakeholders in a productive, positive and professional manner.
- Ability to exercise discretion in prioritizing tasks, sharing information and using independent judgment.
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams, including student employees.
- Ability to manage budgets.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81679