Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President of Enrollment & Support Services, the Executive Director of Enrollment maintains overall responsibility for all activities related to the recruitment of students within their team of Associate Directors.
The Executive Director of Enrollment role helps Saint Leo University achieve its growth goals by directly or indirectly coaching, motivating, and guiding a team of more than 30 enrollment personnel. The Executive Director of Enrollment leads enrollment activities related to the recruitment of both Undergraduate online and Education Center students, as well as Graduate students who are studying within online, blended, and face-to-face formats.
The Executive Director of Enrollment oversees the overall recruitment and interview process, and manages prospective student communications from the point of initial contact through registration of first term courses and the first week of classes in full coordination with enrollment teams at University Campus and the Tampa Student Support Center.
***In addition to uploading resume, the following documents are required for consideration. We are requesting that all documents be uploaded in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICATION PACKET section of the application.***
- Cover Letter
- Values Statement (see below)
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
Please include a values statement (500 words or less) which highlights how your administrative philosophy and practices fit the Missions and Values of Saint Leo University. The University Ideal 2017, Mission Statement and Values are available on the Saint Leo website.
- Supervise and coordinate all activities of the staff and facility needs at the Las Vegas Support Center
- Consistently maintain full accountability with Enrollment Counselors and Associate Directors for individual and .team performance metrics including every aspect of the communication plan outreach and follow-up practices, creating the best possible new student experience and workplace environment.
- Full responsibility to motivate, manage, train, and develop a team of 3 or more Associate Directors of Undergraduate and Graduate Enrollment who each oversee a team of 8-10 Enrollment Counselors.
- Full responsibility for coordinating the maintenance and professional condition of the Center through effective management and communication of vendor and service provider relationships.
- Implement the University Strategic Plan and the Enrollment & Marketing Division as it relates to current and future activities within the Center.
- Achieve University budget requirements and appropriately expend University budget resources.
- Represent the University to appropriate public and private constituencies, including overseeing compliance activities with various regulatory agencies.
- Implement various University academic, fiscal, and human resources policies.
- Seek out new ventures and opportunities in accordance with the University Strategic Plan and the Division of Enrollment & Marketing policies, including strategies for the mining of prospective applicant data, outreach, and follow through that maximizes enrollment of qualified students.
- Lead the training and management of our student acquisition efforts for a team of three or more Associate Directors of Enrollment as well as one or more staff Coordinators.
- Bring best practices in student acquisition and retention activities from both traditional and online environments.
- Ensure a smooth transition between Undergraduate and Graduate Enrollment Counselors and Undergraduate and Graduate Advisors by fostering a collaborative environment among team members.
- Collaborate closely with Education Centers to ensure to ensure a smooth transition between Enrollment Counselor and corresponding Education Center support team.
- Develop the Associate Director team's leadership and managerial skills so that they will be effective, dynamic leaders and mentors to their team members.
- Work collaboratively with all departments to ensure that enrollment, retention, student satisfaction, and revenue objectives are achieved.
- Guide prospective student communication plan from the point of initial contact through first term registration. Identify opportunity areas for improvement.
- Maintain good working relations with Admissions Operations and Training and Development team that processes documents and monitors compliance of enrollment staff with all internal and external policies and regulations.
- Create and sustain a culture of excellence, community and integrity.
- Assist in providing clear processes to ensure employees have a solid understanding of their roles and responsibilities and how they function within an overall team.
- Work in tandem with appropriate leadership within Student Advising to manage and engage specific roles located in the Las Vegas Support Center that ultimately report to areas outside of enrollment of new students including Student Advisors.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Three or more years of progressive experience in successful contact center management, with at least two years in higher education.
- Experience managing a team of 30 or more employees.
- Experience in higher education administration.
- Experience with non-traditional students preferred.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university preferred.
Job ID 2017-1404
Job Locations US-NV-Las Vegas